Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
Deputy Chief of Party, West Africa
We are currently seeking a dynamic and proven leader with technical expertise and experience managing donor-funded programs as Deputy Chief of Party for a number of upcoming multi-year programs in West Africa. The position(s) is/are subject to ACDI/VOCA being awarded the program(s).
- Support the COP in achieving project goals by providing technical support.
- Assume responsibility for technical management and implementation of the program.
- Provide technical leadership in one or more of the following fields: market identification and development, agricultural value chain development, agricultural supply chain management, private sector development, business development, regional and international trade policies, and promotion of investments.
- Lead technical experts and provide effective coordination and guidance among government, community and private sector partners, NGOs and other key stakeholders.
- Support the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation.
- In the absence of COP, represent ACDI/VOCA with partners and key stakeholders, maintain positive relationships with USAID, local authorities, and the various office teams.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where the project team strives to achieve excellence.
- Ensure reports, work plans, and other program deliverables are timely and of high quality.
- At least 5 years in senior technical and management positions implementing USAID programs.
- Advanced degree in Agriculture, Economics, International Development, or other relevant subjects required.
- Extensive expertise in crops and/or livestock market systems and value chains required.
- Demonstrated successful experience in implementing programs aimed at market development and increasing the competitiveness and inclusiveness of value chains, including agricultural value chains.
- Demonstrated commitment to the inclusion of youth and gender in programming.
- Experience and familiarity with USAID procedures and policies desired.
- Proven track record of building relationships with governmental organizations as well as private and community organizations is required.
- Established track record of achieving results within difficult working environments is required.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to interact productively with a wide range and levels of organizations (producers, government, private sector, NGOs, and research institutions).
- Ability to travel within the region and international as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French required.
Please apply directly online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development, and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil societies. ACDI/VOCA has approximately 50 projects in 30 countries and total revenues of approximately $174 million.