Global Communities is seeking an experienced Deputy Chief of Party to lead the anticipated Yemen Communities Stronger Together project . This program will support local level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion, promote the peaceful resolution of differences, and, where feasible, capitalize on stabilization opportunities in Yemen through: 1) regular and actionable learning, small-scale community-based service delivery and conflict mitigation projects and 2) capacity building for local institutions and organizations to serve as neutral arbitrators and peace builders and meet community and constituent needs.
This position is an unaccompanied post, and will be at least initially based in Aden with the possibility of later moving to Sana’a. This position will report to the Chief of Party (COP).
The Deputy Chief of Party will support the Chief of Party in managerial aspects of the program, and provide technical leadership for the design and implementation of program activities.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assist the Chief of Party with strategic and operational planning, including work planning, and ensure project compliance with all contractual USAID and Global Communities reporting and financial requirements.
* Day-to day management of program implementation, including ensuring deadline are met, drafting of reports, maintenance of records, and monitoring achievement of program milestones
* Manage YCST staff to ensure that the program is achieving all deliverables Make key decisions and solve problems under tight deadlines while ensuring operational and program integrity.
* Assist the Chief of Party in creating and maintaining good working relationships with USAID, local authority counterparts, local CSOS, and other program stakeholders
* Serve as acting Chief of Party in his/her absence
* Other duties as assigned
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; Masters’ Degree preferred
* Experience in a senior position on USAID programs, strongly preferred
* Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations
* Minimum of eight years of work experience, five of which include progressively increasing experience managing and implementing community engagement programming in complex, fast-paced and politically sensitive contexts.
* Experience in a conflict or post conflict area
* Minimum of three years of experience supervising staff.
* Prior work in the Middle East preferred
* Fluency in written and spoken English required; Arabic strongly preferred .
About the Organization
The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.