Position: DEPUTY COMPONENT LEAD Case Management System (CMS)
Nationality: American National (AN) or Third Country National (TCN)
Base of Operations: Kabul, Afghanistan (with possibility of being based in Dubai, the United States, or other location approved by client)
Required Clearance: Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO: Component Lead (CMS)
Tetra Tech seeks candidates to be considered for DEPUTY COMPONENT LEAD Case Management System (CMS) position on the INL-funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP ) in Afghanistan.
JSSP’s primary objective is to support the development of an Afghan professional cadre that is capable of sustaining, equipping, managing, and enabling its own criminal justice organizations. JSSP provides training and capacity building for Afghan officials in the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCt), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector organizations. The project has three main components:
Case Management System (CMS): CMS is an online application designed to track criminal and civil cases. The CMS is intended to harmonize and interlink justice institutions to effectively perform their functions.
Organizational Capacity Building (OCB): This component focuses on capacity building for justice institution personnel and ensuring that justice institutions are able to fulfill their mandates and operate independently.
Legislative Capacity Building (LCB): JSSP’s efforts in LCB contribute to ensuring that laws and related documents are coherent, comply with the Constitution, treaties and conventions, and incorporate internationally recognized standards for the protection of women and vulnerable groups.
Duties: The CMS Deputy Component Lead shall:
- Assist the CMS Component Lead (CL) with oversight of the Section Lead (SL), Deputy Section Lead (DSL), and the US and Afghanistan-based application development teams in advising and assisting with the management of the current CMS application and the development and implementation of the CMS 2.0, including transition of the use of the current CMS application to the CMS 2.0 and the migration of data in the CMS to CMS 2.0
- Advise and assist justice institution stakeholders, including the CMS Monitoring Board, Justice System Policy Group and case management offices on the development of a caseflow management strategy, policies and procedures for the use of the current CMS and CMS 2.0 applications to support caseflow management
- Draft and edit CMS-related reports and deliverables, including project success stories
- Advise and assist counterparts in performing their functions related to the use of the CMS applications, including developing policies, plans and projects to successfully transition from CMS to CMS 2.0 and to transfer responsibility for the administration and maintenance of the CMS to the GIRoA
- Support the implementation of the CMS office workload, electrical situation assessments, and internet service assessments
- Support the creation of role-based CMS training materials
- Support the implementation of CMS pilot programs
- In conjunction with international and Afghan advisors, identify needs within the GIRoA’s justice institutions to successfully transition the CMS
- Assist and advise counterparts in the development of a revised CMS Transition Plan
- Liaise with other U.S. Government and GIRoA offices and coordinate activities to achieve established objectives
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Conduct meetings to further overall JSSP programmatic delivery at both the U.S. Embassy INL-Kabul and GIRoA ministries and departments as permitted by security protocols
- Active engagement of JSSP M&E Team and Knowledge Management Advisor to ensure that relevant CMS information and data are accurately reflected in project documents
- Rapidly respond to requests for information from INL/Kabul and INL/AP
- Supervise the CMS team in Kabul on planning, managing, coordinating and implementing the CMS Transition Plan within justice institutions in Kabul
- Attend CMS related meetings and other meetings as required
- Assist in ensuring the CMS project is running properly, and that CMS related milestones are achieved on time, within cost, and to expected quality
- Prepare reports on CMS implementation, usage, and transition
- Motivate CMS team members to encourage the GIRoA officials to utilize CMS reports
- Assist in identifying and screening short-term and long-term candidates for CMS
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of seven years of professional experience, including relevant leadership experience
- A minimum of four years’ substantive experience in a field relevant to their position (ex: law reform, training, organizational change management, finance/budgeting, etc.)
- A minimum of two years international experience, including development programs
- The candidate should demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the Afghan governmental structure and processes
- A juris doctor or relevant Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and writing
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Willingness to endure austere living conditions and the inherent danger of living and working in Afghanistan, including possibly living in tents, dry hooches, etc.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to ApplyJSSP@tetratech.com referencing the job title and project name in the subject line. No phone calls, please
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a global, leading consulting firm providing practical and sustainable international development services. From promoting peace, stability, rule of law, and economic growth, to health and education, to improved natural resource management, Tetra Tech brings an integrated approach that is focused on building the capacity of communities and individuals to create strong, healthy, and resilient societies. With over 16,000 employees in over 400 offices across the globe, Tetra Tech’s capabilities encompass the full life cycle of solutions. Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations, both in the US and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workforce. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial, and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.