The Deputy Controller is a high-profile position that assists the Controller in managing the financial and regulatory risks of the DevTech, a for-profit organization with oversight for the general ledger, treasury, and tax functions of the organization.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain spreadsheets, analyze, and summarize financial data.
- Prepare periodic and annual financial packages that comply with the GAAP.
- Read and understand contract terms and conditions.
- Apply local payroll reporting and tax requirements, record wages/tax liabilities, and operate payroll software applications.
- Ensure application of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes, as well as knowledge of sub-ledger reconciliation and controls.
- Manage the activities and performance of the Corporate Accounting Team: maintain a sound and efficient organizational structure for the performance of the team’s responsibilities, recommend necessary resource requirements and ensure proper segregation of duties, provide training and development as appropriate, establish annual goals
- Support Controller with financial, workers’ compensation, and corporate insurances.
- Perform payroll analysis and posting of payroll journal entries.
- Prepare audit schedules and respond to audit inquiries; monitor the timely completion of assigned month and year-end closing tasks.
- Inform and/or update the Controller, subordinates, and staff on relevant financial information in a timely manner.
- Advise the Controller on existing and evolving operating/financial issues.
- Assist in the management of all accounting operations including billing, A/R, A/P, revenue recognition and payroll.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Manage the month-end close process to reduce the number of days to close.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government tax filing reporting requirements.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting; master’s degree in finance or accounting preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional, international development experience with USG clients (e.g. USAID, Department of State).
- CPA experience preferred.
- Familiarity with FAR, CAS, and/or DCAA audits,
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to prepare P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a wide array of professional relationships with partners and subcontractors.
- Ability to quickly adjust to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in managing accounting teams.
- Preparation of Indirect Cost Proposals for submission to DCAA and other Government agencies.
- Must have experience and expertise with Deltek GCS and Costpoint.
- Expert skills in Excel.
- Excellent English oral, written, and presentation skills.
About the Organization
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements outlined here are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.