Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your advocacy skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, but operate lean and nimble. We train community health workers to bring health services and products life-saving to people’s doorsteps. Services like prenatal assessments and well baby visits. Products like medicines, fortified foods, and modern contraceptives.
We also transform community health through mobile phones. We train community health workers to assess maternal and child health with mobile phone apps and to treat common illnesses like pneumonia, malaria, and diarrhea. We also create predictive algorithms to make the best use of their time. And we test new tools like paperless referrals to clinics and biosensors to monitor infant and child growth.
At Living Goods, you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive at Living Goods.
Living Goods has a team of 180 employees in Uganda and will grow to 400 in the next four years. This year we will serve 5 million Ugandans. In four years we’ll serve 15 million. We’re growing because we have a proven model and a powerful mission: to ensure that every mother and child has basic healthcare in their community.
To succeed in our work, Living Goods needs result-oriented teams at our headquarters and in the field. A field operations team that effectively coaches community health workers. An expansion team to extend open new branches. Effective support teams like supply chain, process improvement, and marketing.
And like every great team, our direct operations team needs a great captain.
Lead growth. You will work with the country director and your team to develop the strategy for expanding direct operations and delivering high impact community health. The strategy will include Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), programmatic areas and descriptions of best-in-class policies and techniques in areas such as management, accounting, last mile delivery and marketing.
Ensure excellence. Identify systems and processes for effective field operations in areas like logistics, supervision, technology, human resources, and incentives. You will work with other teams to develop solutions and will monitor the excellence in execution through the field operations team.
Motivate the troops. You will be the general of a 100+ person team. You will directly supervise 4 division heads: a Deputy Director, Field Operations; Senior Manager, Field Operation Effectiveness, Supply chain Senior Manager and Expansion Manager. You will also build a positive, collaborative culture – one that encourages help team members learn from and support each other.
Monitor money. Work with the Country Director and finance department to develop direct operations budgets and to monitor and control costs.
- Field operations experience. You have 12+ years experience leading multi functional and multi-site field operations for a for-profit company or large non-governmental organization. You’ve been managing KPIs in a fast-moving environment and have an amazing track record or constantly improving them. You have an MBA, MPH, or other relevant master’s degree.
- Collaborative management skills. You have experience motivating and guiding field-based teams in multiple locations. You have a gift for helping the people your team members learn and improve. You know how to create high performing teams.
- You’re able to juggle multiple tasks at once while ‘keeping calm and carrying on.’ You think strategically, handle ambiguity and work well in a multicultural environment.
- Problem solving skills. You know how to identify problems and find solutions. You like to get things done in a structured, methodical way.
- Lives our values. You can thrive in our culture – you can demonstrate inclusion, integrity, innovation, quick footedness, collaboration, and accountability.
- Committed to our mission. You have a demonstrable commitment to international development and global health.
- Get our model. Living Goods is a hybrid model. We’re a nonprofit organization with a private sector minded approach. We use private sector practices to achieve social goals. Candidates with for-profit and nonprofit experience preferred.
- Team player. You play well with others enjoy seeing the impact of our work as a team.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.