Business Manager/Deputy Director
Insight Systems Corporation is seeking a Business Manager/Deputy Director to lead our Knowledge Management Services II contract with United States Agency for International Development.
The Business Manager/ Deputy Director, in coordination with the Senior Technical Officer will ensure
coordination of all tasks under the KMS II contract. You will be responsible for contract and any subcontract administration, the day-to-day supervision of staff under the contract and will be the primary liaison with USAID regarding task allocation, budget implementation and reporting, performance and other reporting to USAID, and will serve as the activity’s liaison with the COR and USAID’s Office of Acquisition and Assistance. The person will continuously monitor all aspects of contract activities and recommend adjustments as necessary.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and monitors project and task budgets including quarterly updates against actual costs and staff changes and projections; compiles financial reports for clients.
- Prepare Quarterly financial reports, and work with COR to answer any questions on current spending
- Develops and/or reviews task-level budgets in coordination with the Project Managers and responds to client budget updates and clarification needs.
- Oversees invoice processes and subcontractor costs, manages invoice payment and tracking.
Procurement and Contract Compliance
- Liaise with KMS COR and Contracts Officer on program operations and administrative issues
- Participates in the process for project procurement in line with the FAR 51 Deviation, including: managing commercial vendor agreements, resolving vendor issues, and modifying purchase orders.
- Ensures the timely delivery of all project financial reporting including annual report contributions; semi-annual planning; accrual reports; and other financial reports and deliverables as requested by the COR or the Project Director.
- Oversees all project operations and ensures they are in compliance with FAR/AIDAR and serve as the liaison with Insight corporate finance, administrative, and contract staff as necessary.
- Performs subcontractor management including review and approval of personnel, review and approval of invoices
- Project Lead for TMS updates, including new task creation, editing hours, and running reports for the client.
- Runs weekly reports to ensure TMS and Deltek timesheets are accurately updated by all staff
- Validates Deltek time and attendance system records for prime contractor employees
- Participates in Managers’ Meetings as needed
- Advises staff on operations, policies and procedures.
- Manage approvals for telework, access, and scheduling.
- Recommends strategies to streamline systems for effectiveness and efficiency, considering client needs, team dynamics, and the project and corporate mission.
- Works with COR and Managers to determine staffing needs.
- Leads the recruitment of short- and long-term staff and manages the hiring process, including: working with Managers to fine-tune job descriptions/advertisements, identifying and screening suitable applicants, scheduling interviews, conducting background reviews, scheduling and participating in candidate interviews, preparing and coordinating completion of biodata forms, and verifying pay and reference data.
- Oversees the staff onboarding and orientation process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Masters degree in Business or Public Administration, IT, or a Public Health-related field.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience (USAID-related project management, finance, contracts, and operations).
- Technical competence areas: Candidate must provide evidence of: 1) substantial experience in staff supervision, 2) work experience in budget management, 3) work experience in liaison work between contractor and client, and 4) work experience in foreign assistance programs, preferably in the area of health.
- Strong understanding and proficiency in financial and project management systems and procedures.
- Proficiency in USAID regulations, FAR and ADS and procurement procedures and contract compliance.
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office Suite programs.
- Demonstrated ability to propose workable solutions to complex technical, managerial or operational problems.
- Demonstrated proactivity, attention to detail, working within deadlines, and ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership, management, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and client service provision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About the Organization
About Insight Systems Corporation
Insight Systems Corporation is a small, woman owned Washington DC-based solutions company that seeks strategic results for the business and information technology missions of its partners: information-intensive enterprises, government agencies and commercial organizations. The Insight team is expert in the "nuts and bolts" of technology, with a focus on using technology as a business tool. Our staff solve real business problems related to knowledge management and technical consulting, and provide a range of services including informational analysis, program management, and information infrastructure services.