Winrock seeks a seasoned Talent Acquisition professional to lead global staffing and New Business activities related to Winrock’s key focus areas. These areas include agriculture and sustainability, entrepreneurship and private sector development, climate change, clean energy, forests and natural resource management, water, youth and women’s empowerment, workforce development, trafficking-in-persons (TIP), child labor, education, and human and institutional capacity development. The Deputy Director will lead proposal teams in identifying candidates for proposal development and project implementation, including: creative sourcing techniques; relationship management; proposing recruitment budgets and accompanying timeless; developing and executing highly effective best practice sourcing. This position will report to the Director of Talent Acquisition.
- Lead recruitment efforts for Winrock’s proposals to various donors, including screening applicants for key personnel; managing process of sharing candidates’ qualifications/CVs with proposal teams and technical units for review, communicating and managing relationship with candidates during the full cycle proposal recruitment process.
- Lead the full, life-cycle recruitment for long-term international project positions. Recruiting efforts include expatriate and third country national long-term staff, and short-term consultants as necessary.
- Mentor and coach a team of up-to 6 Recruitment Consultants (located in the US and globally) in areas such as candidate evaluations, complex offer negotiations, salary/offer analysis, etc. Directly manage recruiters during the life cycle of business development recruitment and ensure that all staffing deadlines are being met according to the proposal calendar.
- In compliance with Winrock’s HR Operating Policies and Procedures; deliver full-life cycle recruiting including candidate rosters, multiple sourcing strategies, phone screen and interview candidates, facilitate Winrock review and approval process, conduct reference and other background checks, and finalize offers as assigned to meet Time to Hire (TTH) targets.
- In collaboration with the Deputy Director for US staffing, implement Winrock’s recruitment and business development recruitment policies along with training for Greenhouse implementation. This includes conducting training and orientation sessions for global staff in over 45+ countries where Winrock is operating.
- Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with key global stakeholders internally and externally including country program staff, Regional HR Teams, Senior Leadership Team Members, Partners, Business Development Unit, Universities, peer agencies, and private sector to meet “Time to Hire” and other key metrics.
- Serve as a back-up for the Director of Talent Acquisition such as attending senior leadership meetings, representing Talent Acquisition in business development go/no-go meetings, leading discussions for policy change/improvement, resolving feedback issues on team, etc.
- Devise and develop strategies on various recruitment initiatives including but not limited to HR start-up operations, compensation philosophy in relation to offers, internal mobility, etc.
- Identify and deliver recommendations for creative social media initiatives, utilization of alternate sourcing, addressing cultural and national norm differences, etc. to improve meeting Winrock’s Talent Acquisition strategies.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Lead preparation of various recruitment documents such as recruitment calendar, staffing budgets, candidate/position tracker, salary justifications, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- 10-15 years of recruiting experience; demonstrated success in leading recruitment/talent acquisition in a global context with multiple stakeholders in remote locations.
- Previous experience leading proposal/new business recruitment in a donor funded environment; exposure working with US Government funded projects is a must.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to create, implement, maintain and improve recruitment strategies and systems in a high-volume and fast paced context.
- Proven experience in recruiting senior level and confidential positions is required.
- Strong project management and organizational skills as well as interpersonal skills are necessary
- Ability to work in a fast paced/changing, deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems, job boards and social media to attract talent; (i.e., Taleo, Greenhouse, DevEx, DevAid, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Solid presentation and communication skills; ability to convey information effectively; solid experience providing training and staff development is a plus
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
- Exposure to interviewing techniques, knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment.
- Ability to identify and access new professional networks.
- Verbal and written communication skills in French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic would be an asset, though are not required.
About the Organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.