Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Deputy Director of Program Operations (DDPO) shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office.
The post-holder will effectively and efficiently coordinate operations systems, processes and activities in Sikasso, so that programmes are delivered on time according to organizational strategy, donor requirements and within allocated budgets. S/He will take leadership on aspects related to staffing structure and management, security, logistics, finance, IT and M&E systems. The post holder will play a strategic role in the effective scale up and management of Save the Children programmes to increase impact and enable positive change for children through:
- Supporting the delivery of quality programmes, including advocacy for children
- Ensuring Regional sub-offices (present or future) have the capacity and resources to deliver on our dual mandate
- Guaranteeing a structured growth of the operational platform and supporting the development of new opportunities
- Monitoring and tracking operational performance
Qualifications and experiences
- including significant field operations experience running both emergency and development program
- Robust experience of NGO development and emergency program cycle management, and with experience of working within a complex and matrix organization structure
- A very good understanding of at least 3 of the sectorial programs
- Substantial experience in logistics, including procurement, supply chain, fleet management & inventory
- Significant knowledge of international humanitarian systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices in emergency management
- Substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants from major institutional donors
- Solid project management skills related to organizational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- An in-depth understanding of national and international development issues in particular in relation to children
- Previous experience of managing and developing a team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English
About the Organization
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
DOSSIERS A FOURNIR : les dossiers de candidatures doivent comporter :
- Un CV détaillé mis à jour ;
- Une lettre de motivation mentionnant le titre du poste ;
- Les copies certifiées des diplômes et attestations de travail ;
- Un casier judiciaire en cours de validité (n’est obligatoire qu’une fois retenu au poste) ;
- Les références d’au moins deux précédents employeurs, de préférence des superviseurs directs.
Les dossiers de candidature doivent être envoyés au plus tard le 25/02/2018 à 12 heures précises uniquement via l’adresse électronique suivante : firstname.lastname@example.org ;
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.