CAMRIS International is a development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is committed to improving global health by confronting health challenges through raising the quality, availability, and use of essential health services.
USAID’s objective is to improve global health by focusing on three strategic priorities:
1 Preventing Child and Maternal Deaths
2 Controlling the HIV/AIDS Epidemic
3 Combating Infectious Diseases.
In order to administer a rising number of federally mandated global health programs, the Global Health Bureau needs to expand its ability to provide support services to fill critical staffing gaps through the Global Health-Technical Assistance and Mission Support Project (GH-TAMS). The GH-TAMS project is seeking support to provide the Bureau for Global Health (GH), and Missions with ready access to high quality, external technical expertise to design, support, and contribute to the achievement of the U.S. Government (USG) health targets.
CAMRIS is seeking a Deputy Director - Operations and Finance who will be responsible for the overall operations of the project including human resource, financial and administrative aspects of the project such as recruitment of project staff, budget development and monitoring, prime award monitoring and compliance, sub-award management, procurement, logistics and grants management..
* Establish and maintain sound human resource and financial management practices and ensure the project’s compliance with USAID procedures, rules and regulations.
* Provide fiscal and administrative management of the contract regarding budgeting, financial reporting, analysis/forecasting for multiple individual funding sources and its various budget components, and pipeline tracking and reporting.
* Oversee all financial and project accounting and reporting.
* Maintain records and accounts of daily transactions, ensuring accuracy and completeness of files and supporting documentation to serve as evidence of transactions.
* Prepare and submit reports and required documentation in compliance with local government laws.
* Ensure cost consciousness at the direction of the Project Director.
* Provide assistance to program staff and project budget preparation, as needed.
* Process cash disbursements in accordance with financial management policies and established approval levels
* Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Human Resources, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required; MBA, CPA, ACCA, ACA, ICAN, CIMA, CFE or any other relevant professional certification/qualification is preferred;
* Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in operations and financial management, including overseeing the human resources, finance and operations of equally large and complex projects; and
* Demonstrated experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and accounting.
About the OrganizationCAMRIS is known throughout the U.S. for its leading edge services to support our national programs and particularly for serving our Veterans. CAMRIS is also known worldwide for excellence serving client programs to improve economic, social, political, and health conditions of people in all parts of the world.
For 45 years, since our first contact with USAID in 1963 and with work in every year since, our most important partner in the international sphere has been the United States Agency for International Development (“USAID”). In fact, CAMRIS has worked with USAID in each year since its founding. Before USAID we assisted its predecessor organizations dating back to the Kennedy Administration in 1961, to address humanitarian needs and to counter instability posed by underdevelopment.
To date CAMRIS has carried out assignments for USAID in 50 countries in all regions and in many technical areas. Today CAMRIS continues this proud tradition as it works on significant USAID assignments in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our current work includes technical assistance to support major USAID-funded initiatives in the areas of Global Health, Democracy and Governance, Development, and Monitoring and Evaluation, and active assignments including several global initiatives and our present work in 24 countries (Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Botswana, Colombia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
ABOUT CAMRIS INTERNATIONAL
CAMRIS is an International Development Consulting Firm working within the public and private sectors to advance the human and institutional capacities of organizations and communities worldwide.
WHAT WE DO
We apply a combination of proven interdisciplinary, scientific and management approaches to identify, develop and implement the most effective solutions in support of our clients' program goals.
We do this most often in the areas of international development and global health, and selectively in additional areas where our cross-cutting capabilities are well suited to meet the needs of our clients.
We operate in all regions of the world, often in very challenging or austere conditions. At all times our focus is on evidence-based effectiveness, quality, reliability, and sustainability.
We successfully completed initiatives in nearly 80 countries to date.
* Short-Term and Long-Term Technical Assistance
* Program Management Services
* Institutional Support
* Research and Analytic Support
CORE PRACTICE AREAS
* Monitoring and Evaluation
* Capacity Building
* Project Design
* Knowledge Management
* Adaptive Technologies
* Democracy and Governance
* Infectious Diseases
CAMRIS has grown rapidly over the last 5 years to a peak of 200 staff, complemented by highly experienced consultants and collaborating partners and universities.
CAMRIS is headquartered in Bethesda, MD in the Washington DC metropolitan area, with remote offices, operations and worksites in various locations in the U.S. and overseas.