Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance and global health? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis is seeking a Deputy Director / Operations Manager for an upcoming 5 year USAID project. The position would be full-time based in Washington DC, with an expected start date in mid 2019. This position is contingent upon award.
The Deputy Director/Operations Manager will have a partnership with the Project Director and the Deputy Director/Senior Technical Advisor. The Deputy Director/Operations Manager will provide day-to-day management and oversight of program operations in the following areas:
- Coordinates the day-to-day work of project staff and provides recommendation to Project Director related to staff assignments;
- Ensures that all activities and assignments are completed in a high-quality, on-time manner;
- Participates in routine client meetings and communications as part of project leadership team;
- Supports program managers with consultant recruitment, assignment logistics, and administrative closeout of completed assignments;
- Provides mentoring, coaching and on-the-job training, to ensure professional development opportunities for the project staff;
- Assists in advising staff on operations, policies and procedures;
- Provides programmatic and administrative guidance and problem-solving to project teams; Supports compliance with the appropriate USG regulations and guidelines related to procurement, travel, security, and related operations;
- Contributes to timely and complete project reporting documents/reports produced by the project;
- Fills in for Project Director as needed and assumes other project management functions and responsibilities as requested.
- MPH, MS, or equivalent, public health-related degree preferred;
- A minimum of ten years of professional work experience in working on and managing USAID-funded projects is required;
- Strong working knowledge of AIDAR and FAR regulations;
- Deep knowledge/experience with USAID/Washington and field program environments and operating procedures;
- Excellent customer service skills; including the ability to work with a wide range of client and consultant personalities;
- Overseas experience preferred;
- Experience supervising and mentoring personnel;
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills;
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, skilled in setting priorities and meeting deadlines, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Written and verbal fluency in English required; other foreign language fluency desirable.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.