Responsible for functioning as the second in command to the ROLI Director of Research, Evaluation & Learning (REL), accountable for delivering solutions to achieve REL’s strategic goals. Responsible for managing the development of comprehensive monitoring & evaluation (M&E) systems and tools to improve program design, encourage organizational learning and evaluate effectiveness across the ROLI portfolio.
- Functions as second in command to the REL Director and supports implementation of programming to achieve REL’s strategic goals. Responsible for managing the development of comprehensive monitoring & evaluation (M&E) systems and tools to improve program design, encourage organizational learning and evaluate effectiveness across the ROLI portfolio.
- In the absence of the REL Director, functions in the capacity of the Director within his/her assigned scope of authority.
- Oversees implementation of M&E systems across ROLI portfolio and, in collaboration with practice groups, nurtures a culture of learning within ABA ROLI by promoting the creation of virtual and in-person fora for the exchange of knowledge and information captured through program M&E and research.
- Generates interest across ABA ROLI in research, evaluation and learning, and explores, fosters and develops related field-based programs in cooperation with regional divisions, field offices and others in ROLI.
- Advises on or independently leads the development of research and M&E-related grants and proposals for government agencies, domestic and foreign and other grantors/donors. Assists the REL Director in the management of administrative and program work within projects and programs, and assists in donor relations and compliance.
- Represents ABA ROLI in presentations/briefings to donors, government officials, and law practitioners, both within and outside of the U.S. related to research, M&E and related matters.
- Responsible for providing feedback, coaching, counseling, performance appraisal, and, when warranted, applying disciple to an assigned team.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university or the equivalent degree from a non U.S. country, or a Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school or the equivalent law degree from a nonU.S. country.
- At least nine years’ experience in designing, deploying and overseeing evaluations.
- At least three years’ experience with performance M&E for international development programs to include developing performance indicators, data collection and evaluation.
- At least three years of supervisory experience which must have included responsibility for providing feedback, coaching, counseling, performance appraisal, and, warranted, applying discipline to an assigned team.
- Previous work experience overseas.
- Proficiency in one or more foreign languages.
- Previous experience in designing, monitoring and evaluating rule of law programs.
Please apply here:
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and this position may be filled prior to the close date.
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit organization that implements legal reform programs in roughly 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
For more information about what we do at ABA ROLI please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/about.html