FHI 360 seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Deputy Director for Strategic Information for an upcoming USAID-funded global project. The project seeks to build upon and expand USAID’s efforts to leverage the roles of communities to strengthen and adapt existing community health platforms to support national policies and implementation plans for COVID-19 preparedness and response (non-pharmaceutical interventions) and continuity of existing primary healthcare services based on national guidelines and needs/priorities to create lasting structures for future response. The Deputy Director for Strategic Information will set up and oversee evaluation and monitoring, quality assurance, implementation science, surveillance, and data monitoring and audit systems that serve to inform and optimize evidence-based programming and advocacy for effective responses to critical health issues.
This position will be responsible for providing technical guidance on the design, development and implementation of the project monitoring and evaluation (M&E) strategy, build capacity in country/regions to develop, manage and operationalize M&E systems and plans that are aligned to program strategy, and allow quality reporting and dissemination. S/he will provide support in ensuring data quality and accuracy for collecting, analyzing, and processing monitoring and evaluation data, assisting in monitoring and reporting against the project’s performance indicators, key outputs and results, developing methods and milestones to monitor the project’s progress towards its goals, and contributing to program strategy to ensure that activities and assignments are carried out as planned and the program objectives are being achieved.
Availability of position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical leadership in designing, planning, monitoring, data collection and analysis, report preparation and dissemination of project data in collaboration with the relevant key stakeholders as per the national, regional and global standards as required by the donor
- Leads the design and establishment of monitoring and evaluation systems to inform programming and design of interventions
- Provides technical oversight to program teams to ensure that programs are monitored and evaluated, with appropriate indicators of success, impact measurements, and communication of results to the donor, government, and partners
- Manages and monitors the program’s M&E activities, including M&E design; selection and measurement of appropriate indicators; development of appropriate M&E recording and reporting forms and mechanisms; development and implementation of data quality assurance processes and systems; database maintenance; data analysis; and dissemination of results
- Ensures the quality of all M&E activities
- Leads the capacity building of partners in monitoring and evaluation of program activities
- Coordinates and works with donors and relevant stakeholders on enhancing data use in program decision-making
- Ensures learning and knowledge exchange across country programs
- Serves as representative for the project on strategic information-related forums, working groups and other venues
- Reports regularly to the program team on progress and status of activities at headquarters and in all field offices
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or another relevant subject
- 8+ years of experience in providing technical assistance in or conducting and/or leading monitoring and evaluation work, surveillance or implementation science studies in international settings
- Demonstrated SI experience for large, complex global programs with rapid deadlines.
- Deep understanding of USAID data streams and performance monitoring plans essential.
- Excellent analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent leadership qualities with the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams situated globally
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national/international in scope.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will never ask you for your career site username or password, and we will never request money, goods or services during the application, recruitment or employment process. If you have questions or concerns about correspondence from us, please email CareerCenterSupport@fhi360.org.