Chemonics seeks a Deputy Global Supply Chain Director in support of the Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. GHSC-PSM is the primary vehicle through which USAID 1) procures and provides health commodities, 2) provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and 3) collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The Deputy Global Supply Chain Director oversees requisition order execution for all Task Orders (TO) across the TOs, commodity procurement teams and the contract managers within the Global Supply Chain (GSC) unit. The position is responsible for driving towards 100 % On Time In Full (OTIF) delivery by minimizing supply chain cycle times and closely monitoring the timely execution of all orders.
- Direct performance of TO-specific Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) Managers and teams of commodity procurement supervisors and contract managers
- Utilize ARTMIS exceptions reports, order promising, order management dashboard and other analytical tools to monitor execution of requisition orders, taking action as necessary to ensure a minimum of 90% OTIF
- Monitor and continuously improve individual performance of ISC Managers, commodity procurement supervisors and the contracts manager
- Collaborate with key subcontractors, including IDA Foundation (IDA), International Busines Machines Corp. (IBM), Population Services International (PSI), and Kuehne + Nagel, to ensure outstanding personnel are assigned to GSC team
- Initiate and/or support process improvement projects in collaboration with GSC team members
- Assist in developing policies, procedures, work instructions and guidance documents across Procurement functions
- Continuously identify emergency or critical performance issues that require management intervention, collaborating with USAID, Country Programs and suppliers as required
- Collaborate with other GSC sub-teams, including Plan, Quality, Supplier Management and Operational Excellence, to achieve target cycle time metrics goals
- Coordinate training on ARTMIS for all procurement staff
- Collaborate with the Management Information Systems (MIS) team on continuous improvement of GSC systems and tools
- Support continuous improvement of GSC business processes
- Provide short term technical assistance and/or capacity building to field offices, as necessary
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 15 years of experience in procurement and/or supply chain; alternatively Master’s degree plus a minimum of 12 years of experience in procurement and/or supply chain
- Minimum of 5 year of direct procurement function supervisory or managerial responsibility
- Minimum 5 years of continuous improvement, Lean Six Sigma and/or ISO 9001 experience
- Experience living or working in developing countries preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing, and lead presentations, training courses, and effective meetings
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel and work abroad in less developed countries
- Demonstrated independent thinking, judgment, and respect for others
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- English fluency required; secondary language fluency desiredApplication instructions: Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Apply through our Career Center at https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&cws=1&rid=2887 by December 2nd, 2018. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.