CRS JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Deputy Head of Programming
Posting/location: EARO/Sudan – based in West/Central Darfur or in Khartoum (50% travel)
Reports to: Head of Programming
The Deputy Head of Programming (DHOP) will contribute to providing strategic direction and management of the Country Program’s (CP’s) programming complementing the Head of Programming (HOP) efforts at ensuring the establishment and successful implementation of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. The DHOP’s management and programming skills will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its programming.
Education and Experience
* Master’s degree in in International Development, International Relations or relevant field.
* Minimum 5 years work experience in a program management position with progressive responsibilities for an international NGO Good Experience in project grants management, including project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, etc., preferably for projects funded by multiple public donors, including USAID.
* Experience with successful business development activities capturing public and /or private donor funding
* Excellent English writing skills.
* Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships.
* Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
* Some experience and abilities in capacity strengthening – developing curricula and facilitating trainings.
* Experience using MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, and knowledge sharing networks.
* Self-reliant with high emotional maturity and an ability to work in a challenging and demanding environment.
Required/Desired Foreign Language
* Fluency in English (speaking, reading and writing ability) required; Arabic speaking and reading capability will be an added plus.
Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time within Darfur to project sites.
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory; Program Managers, Senior Project Officers and Project Officers
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.