Chemonics seeks a deputy national programme manager for an anticipated multi-year, DFID-funded education programme in Nigeria. The programme will focus on supporting improved learning for an estimated 1.5 million children in three states in northern Nigeria and support state and non-state systems benefitting 8,000,000 children nationally. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Drive the daily technical implementation of the programme for activities focused on curriculum development, governance systems, policy design, and other areas, adjusting approaches as implementation realities dictate
- Oversee and review technical products and deliverables
- Support the national programme manager in the daily management of the programme, including managing relationships with DFID, other donor-funded programmes, and the Nigerian government
- Support the national programme manager in representing the programme to the Nigerian government, stakeholders, and public and private sector counterparts
- Perform at a senior management level, including managing staff in a matrixed system with a focus on adaptive management
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social science, international development, or a related discipline is required; advanced degree in education or another relevant discipline is preferred
- Minimum of eight years of professional experience managing large (£15m or above), complex education projects in developing countries, including a minimum of two years as deputy team leader or team leader
- In-depth technical knowledge and experience in all programme output areas, including teaching and learning, governance of state and non-state systems, use of evidence, and strategic communications
- Experience leading large teams and managing programs that achieve results, with a focus on adaptive management
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please apply through https://ChemonicsUK.formstack.com/forms/deputy_national_programme_manager by September 17, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.