- Member of the KOMPAK Executive Team to support the Operations portfolio
- C3 job classification on DFAT’s Australian Remuneration Framework (ARF)
- Position open to international and national candidates
KOMPAK is an Australia-Indonesia government partnership supporting the Government of Indonesia’s efforts in reducing poverty through improvements in basic service delivery and creating opportunities for work. KOMPAK focuses its efforts on three result areas:
- Supporting Local Governments and Service Units to better address the needs of basic service users;
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from improved village governance; and
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from increased opportunities for employment and economic development.
KOMPAK Operations team, under the Leadership of Director of Operations, owns and maintains the Programs operational policies and procedures and provides planned yet highly responsive financial, human resource, procurement, grants, IT, security, logistics and administrative support to implement the Program with its assistance reaching out across both National and Sub National regions. The Deputy Operations Director will be responsible for supporting the Operations Director and quality assure all aspects of work across the Operations team, collaborate with the Implementation and Performance teams (across National and Sub-National levels) to understand the operations requirements needed to implement the whole of Program.
The Deputy Operations Director will be accountable to the Director of Operations for quality assurance of the Operations team outputs and will work closely with Abt Brisbane to ensure that operations work plan/s align with Abt Associates and DFAT best practice principles and policies.
Support to Director of Operations
- Ensure current operational policies and procedures are implemented across the Program
- Ensure compliance with key DAFT policies and procedures
- Explore KOMPAK-specific system requirement and coordinate implementation of such systems within time and budget.
- Review, recommend and implement changes to workflow processes across and within different units of Operations team to increase speed, efficiency and value for money.
Human Resource Management
- Support the recruitment and contracting of advisers under the Adviser Remuneration Framework
- Support development, rolling out and ongoing implementation of policies, procedures and systems.
- Assist the Operations Director in the development, monitoring and management of the Program’s work plan budget
Grants and Procurement Management
- Responsible for ensuring all grants and procurement are undertaken in line with relevant Commonwealth/DFAT/Abt policies and procedures.
- Oversight the negotiation, drafting, quality assurance and submission of all types of grants, contracts, subcontracts, service agreements, leases, MOUs and purchase orders.
Signing of Contracts
- Exercise the delegated contract signing authority in line with applicable company policy and program specific manual.
- Provide Operations specific reporting input as required across KOMPAK’s quarterly and 6 monthly progress reports.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting as required by KOMPAK, DFAT, Abt Associates and other stakeholders.
Program Risk Management
- Manage the ongoing assessment of and response to program and corporate risks
- Proactively monitor and report on program risk to the Executive Team and implement operations mitigation measures accordingly
- Being assigned by Director of Operations, provide leadership to specific units within the Operations team to ensure program activities are undertaken as per work plan, on time, of good quality, within budget and compliant with relevant Abt/KOMPAK manuals, policies and procedures
- Responsible for setting performance goals for relevant units within the Operations team both at team and individual level; undertake regular performance monitoring; provide appropriate performance feedback; and, if needed, initiate and manage Performance Improvement Plan for relevant team members
For a complete list of this position’s key duties, see the Information for Applicants in the ‘View Position Description’.
- Demonstrated experience (7 year or more) in managing and/or leading operations for large and complex donor funded programs (preferably DFAT).
- Tertiary or post-graduate qualifications in a relevant field i.e. Project Management, Business Administration, Finance, Commerce, International Development or similar.
- Strong track record to provide effective and responsive oversight in any of the following two (or more) operational areas – procurement, grants management, human resources, financial management. Experience within procurement and grants management will be considered as an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and/or working with a cross cultural team within Indonesia or comparable locations.
- Strong communication skills to direct team members, liaison within and across teams and stakeholders.
- Proficiency in English including writing reports, policies and procedures is essential. Bahasa Indonesia language skills is an advantage.
Further information regarding other key requirements is included in the Information for Applicants in the ‘View Position Description’.
Further Information & Application
Further information regarding this opportunity can found in the ‘View Position Description’ link at the top of this page.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
Indonesian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Should an Indonesian national be selected, he/she will be recruited as per local contractual conditions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women and people with disabilities.
Applications close: Sunday, 25th August 2019 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.