The Deputy Program Team Leader will support the Program Team Leader in Program management and programming, with a focus on multi-stakeholder relations and communications, activity planning, design and implementation, and monitoring and reporting. The Deputy Program Team Leader will play a crucial role in keeping abreast of governance and development changes in Samoa as well as building and maintaining the Program’s relationships and networks with the government and nongovernment sectors in Samoa.
We are looking for locally based candidates that are able to take on a full-time role. The role will be located in the Program management office in Apia providing day-to-day management of the office to enable its efficient and effective operation.
Qualifications and Experience
The Deputy Program Team Leader should have the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Ability in project management and capacity development, including experience in managing consultants from varied professional and cultural backgrounds.
- Understanding of the political economy of Samoa and the ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders across the government and nongovernment sectors, including at senior levels.
- Understanding of monitoring and evaluation processes and the ability to support learning and development opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience in managing donor-funded aid investments and programs in Samoa, preferably those funded by the Australian government (preferred).
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- A higher degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university.
For more information, please see the attachment.
Interested applicants are requested to submit a CV and a short covering note in an email with the subject “Deputy Program Team Leader” to Tammy Theikdi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately, due to high application volume, we won’t be able to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Applications close Monday 17th September 2018.
Adam Smith International (ASI) manages the Samoa Technical Cooperation Program, which is funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The Program contributes to achieving the strategic priorities of the Australia-Samoa Aid Partnership by providing quality, timely and flexible technical assistance in support of complex policy and institutional reforms in Samoa.
The Program will work with the Government of Samoa (GoS) to achieve two overarching objectives: to develop and strengthen policies and institutions that enable sustainable and inclusive economic growth, especially private sector-led growth; and to improve economic governance by focusing on issues and problems that affect underlying public-sector capability and performance. The four priority areas of the program are:
- Economic Reforms: Supporting GoS to develop evidence-based policy and a progressive economic reform agenda.
- Economic Infrastructure: Supporting structural and policy reforms in multiple sectors, consistent with the Samoa Economic Infrastructure Program.
- Public Financial Management: Supporting GoS to implement priority public finance reforms and strengthen financial management and reporting systems.
- Public Service Delivery: Providing support to a range of public sector performance issues, including policy and strategy development, organisational design, human resource management, performance management systems, communications and integrity standards.
About the Organization
Adam Smith International is a multi-award-winning development company that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government reform. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the delivery of transformative change in many of the world's most challenging environments. For over 20 years, Adam Smith International has worked with ministers, government officials and citizens across the globe on wide-ranging projects. These experiences have shaped our values and have led us to become a trusted leader in delivering projects that result in sustainable and far-reaching impact throughout the world.