The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) is recruiting for a Deputy Project Director to support PADF’s efforts on long-term local governance and capacity development in Haiti. The project will engage with multiple stakeholders to facilitate support for community development projects in a joint effort between local authorities and civil society to identify community development and investment priorities that will ultimately spur jobs, improve service delivery, and better meet the needs of the local population. The Deputy Project Director will be based in PADF’s Port-au-Prince office and will provide administrative leadership for the project.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The Deputy Project Director will provide high-level management of the project, including day-to-day operations. S/he will report to the Project Director and will be responsible for supervising finance, logistics, procurement, staffing and IT resources for the project. S/he will serve as the main point of contact for all audits (financial and performance). The Deputy Project Director will also serve as the focal point for Monitoring and Evaluation issues.
Education, Experience and Other Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in international development, business management, human resources, informational technology or any other relevant degrees.
- Minimum of 7 years of project management experience in USAID projects, with at least 5 years of uninterrupted experience in program monitoring and evaluation.
- A minimum of five (5) years of operation and staff management experience.
- Must be very familiar with USAID programs, objectives, and reporting requirements and must be able to guide project staff in fulfilling these requirements. Strong project management skills are essential.
- Proven experience in administration, award management, and tracking project performance.
- Experience in Haiti and knowledge of local institutions strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and French. Haitian Creole desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills, including demonstrated leadership and team building with staff and partners at all levels.
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines under stressful conditions.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
*Haitian candidates are encouraged to apply
About the Organization
Created in 1962 through a unique agreement between the Organization of American States (OAS) and the private sector, the Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) is an independent, non-profit organization that creates public-private partnerships to assist the least advantaged people in Latin America and the Caribbean. Having worked in every country in the region, PADF engages community-based groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and the public and private sector in the process of implementing appropriate solutions for sustainable development. The Pan American Development Foundation empowers disadvantaged people and communities in Latin America and the Caribbean to achieve sustainable economic and social progress, strengthen their communities and civil society, and prepare for and respond to natural disasters and other humanitarian crises, thereby advancing the principles of the Organization of American States.