Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to enhance your skills and expertise? At DPS, you will experience a corporate culture of collaboration, equality, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded. Join a growing, dynamic company as we continue to expand our portfolio.
Dexis Professional Services (DPS) is a wholly-owned, independently operated business unit that was established in 2016 to provide support services to U.S. Government agencies that were previously provided by the parent company, Dexis Consulting Group. Committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation, DPS draws on the parent company’s 15+ years of experience fielding domestic and overseas technical, operational, professional and managerial staff for various USG clients.
DPS is seeking an experienced Deputy Project Director / Senior Grants Specialist to support a CDC Operations and Management Support contract for the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI). This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel to Kisumu, Kenya. The start date for this position is September 2019.
The Deputy Project Director / Senior Grants Specialist will have the following responsibilites:
- Oversee technical assistance support for KEMRI’s Office of Grants Management (OG).
- Manage a team of Grants Specialists, Capacity Building Specialists, and STTA staff, all embedded in the OG.
- Establish and/or revise KEMRI grants management policies and standard operating procedures. Lead the roll-out and training on these new policies and conduct listening sessions to solicit feedback from KEMRI staff.
- Design a capacity building strategy for the OG that will strengthen its ability to manage direct CDC grant funding. Implement this strategy and revise as needed throughout the period of performance.
- Support the development of all contractual deliverables, including a 5-Year Business Plan for the OG.
- Provide support to the Project Director of this contract, who will also be overseeing the financial management processes.
- 10-15 years of experience in international development, overseas implementation, and project management.
- 5+ years of experience managing diverse, international teams, including expatriates, TCNs, and Local Nationals.
- Experience implementing a complex grants management program, including revising processes, rolling out new standards, training staff, and enforcing compliance.
- Experience leading a USG contract, including responsibility for regulatory compliance and client management.
- Experience enforcing Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (GAAP) and OMB Uniform Guidance (2 CFR Part 200)
- Experience working in East Africa.
About the Organization
At Dexis Professional Services (DPS) we align ourselves with the core values of our parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). Ingenuity, Integrity, Investment in People-these are the guiding principles of our culture. We empower our staff to work together with colleagues at all levels and be part of the decision-making process; we create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. We’re committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation in the global development arena. As a DPS employee, we will challenge you, we will empower you, and we will mentor you.
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview. DPS is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.