*Preferred position: Dakar, Senegal. Other locations to be determined by home country of successful candidate within the West Africa Region where WVI is registered to operate.
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Deputy Regional Finance Director, World Vision WAR, you will support the Regional Finance Director (RFD) and the Global Finance Director, Grants & Programme in ensuring standards of excellence through general financial management, effective and efficient grants financial management, accountability and integrity in the region.
You will focus on leading Regional Office initiatives and special projects as well as providing technical financial expertise to the Regional Office and National Offices in the areas of budgeting, financial management and risk management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration or Accounting. Professional qualification such as CPA/CIMA/ACCA or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Management or other applicable field to financial compliance.
- Proven experience in working with grant related projects in implementing government grant regulations and capacity building.
- Deep understanding of NGO finance environment and models of programme/project delivery; experience in managing complex funding arrangements.
- Ability to engage and work collaboratively with diverse group of stakeholders to implement partnership initiatives.
- User Certificate in SunSystems Financial Application Software.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working for large INGO.
- Excellent in written and spoken English and French is REQUIRED
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 13 NOV 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.