Creative Associates International (Creative) seeks a Deputy Team Lead who will be responsible for building and managing the programs and operations of the field team for a Middle East-related project. The Deputy will serve as Creative’s primary field coordinator on operations and will provide operational and administration support and expertise to the program, will serve as lead in the absence of the Team Lead, and serves as a significant liaison with clients, other implementing partners and any other key stakeholders.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Deputy Team Lead will be based in the Middle East and will report to the Team Lead and work closely with the Creative home office team.
- Ensure high-quality management of overall program and operations, including partner coordination, subgrant management, financial management, procurement, contractual arrangement through hands-on staff supervision and partner support grounded in the program’s strategic objectives and adhering to expected quality and reporting requirements.
- Ensure that all strategic objectives and program workplan are met through proper detailed component planning, staffing and results-driven implementation.
- Ensure compliance with HQ and client requirements, policies, and regulations.
- Ensure the cost-effective use of resources;
- Work in the Team Lead to provide strategic direction, vision and input at a higher level on capacity building for the different partners;
- In coordination with the Team Lead, serve as a liaison among all program stakeholders, ensuring regular interaction with civil society groups, opinion leaders, local governance institutions and other program stakeholders;
- Coordinate closely with partners;
- In coordination with the Team Lead, oversee the program, ensuring that all strategic objectives are met through proper detailed component planning, staffing and results-driven implementation;
- Ensure the program is implemented according to its design, quality standards and schedule;
- Work with subgrantees to ensure that all program deliverables are completed on time and are of high quality;
- Help recruit and directly supervise local project staff in line with Creative HR policies; oversee the management of project office human resources to ensure a diverse, skilled, and productive workforce, an effective leadership team, and an organizational culture where Creative’s values are practiced; and
- Serve as Acting Team Lead in the Team Lead’s absence.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least eight (8) years of management experience with progressively increasing responsibilities managing complex development projects preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex contracts in complex political settings preferred;
- Experience in operational, administrative, and financial management functions of international development work;
- Knowledge of the political, economic, cultural, and social context in the Middle East, particularly the Arabian Peninsula and the issues affecting service delivery in areas affected by conflict;
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, and ethical management;
- Demonstrated ability to manage and oversee multiple complex tasks simultaneously;
- Experience managing large, donor-funded programs, with demonstrated capacity to create and/or maintain complex systems and procedures involving multiple implementation sites, multiple partners, and diverse staff and beneficiaries;
- Expertise in USG policies, procedures, and regulations, agreement compliance, financial planning and management, procurement, subaward management, and other management support areas;
- Ability to effectively manage multi-disciplinary teams of professionals;
- Ability to provide the financial management and oversight necessary to successfully execute a large-scale program;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with beneficiaries in the Middle East; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic, native Arabic preferred.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experiences working with Middle East local councils and civil society preferred; and
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as political science, public policy, or public administration.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.