Chemonics seeks a Deputy Team Lead for the anticipated Department for International Development (DFID) Data, Accountability, Innovation and Research in Education (DAIRE) project in Islamabad, Pakistan. The project has an estimated value of £30M. DAIRE will support strengthening Pakistan’s education data management system at the federal level through collection, analysis and reporting of data, improve learning assessments and establish partnerships for further research and innovation. The DAIRE project is part of a larger DFID Pakistan New Education Portfolio anticipated starting 2020 through 2025 which is projected to also encompass three provincial level programs.
The Deputy Team Lead will provide leadership, strategic planning, management and quality assurance oversight, particularly in relation to capacity development elements and provincial level coordination, to ensure project success and achievement of performance targets. The Deputy Team Lead will represent the project with DFID, counterparts, government, and other stakeholders, maintaining two-way communication throughout, including with home office and other relevant project organizations. The Deputy Team Lead will report to the Team Lead and may serve as Acting Team Lead when required. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Work with the Team Lead to provide management, leadership, and overall coordination of DAIRE technical activities
- Supervise DAIRE’s provincial operations, including ensuring close collaboration with the Ministry of Education
- Provide oversight of all DAIRE crosscutting units, including monitoring and evaluation and gender and inclusion
- Support project compliance with Chemonics policies and procedures and DFID regulations, and apply best practices for administrative management
- Identify challenges for project implementation, develop strategies to solve these problems, and work with the Team Lead, DFID, MoE and others as needed to implement these strategies
- Serve as acting Team Lead with responsibility for technical project implementation and management as directed
- Perform other relevant tasks as needed
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in a related field with 7 years of relevant experience, or alternatively, a Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience managing international development programs, preferably DFID-funded projects, highly preferred
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience building the capacity of regional staff and developing the institutional capacity of government institutions
- Knowledge of Pakistan’s education sector
- Proven ability to manage field operations and resources in Pakistan
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and donor counterparts
- Exemplary diplomatic, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Strong bilingual communication skills, including both written and oral, in English and Urdu
To apply, please submit your application to our portal at https://ChemonicsUK.formstack.com/forms/daire_deputy_team_lead. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data.