NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the positon of Deputy Team Lead/Small Scale Agriculture Expert for MCC’s $437 million Niger Sustainable Water and Agriculture Compact. This project will support improvements to three major constraints to economic growth and investment in Niger: lack of reliable access to water for agricultural use and livestock; lack of access to markets; and a fragmented and inefficient business regulatory system. In partnership with the Government of Niger, the MCC compact will strengthen Niger’s agricultural sector by improving water availability, infrastructure, and market access, and has the potential to benefit more than 3.9 million people. The Deputy Team Lead/Small Scale Agriculture Expert should have significant leadership, management, agribusiness development, agriculture finance, business development and small-scale agriculture experience.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- College degree in business, agricultural development, or a related field, with preferably a Masters or other advanced degree.
- Expertise in small-scale agriculture and agribusiness development, with business acumen and experience in agricultural financing, business development support, and/or value chain development
- At least 10 years’ experience in agricultural development, small enterprise development, grants program management, agricultural financing or a related field, with substantial field experience and direct interaction with beneficiaries
- Experience managing projects and leading teams
- At least 7 years’ experience operating in the Niger and West African context
- Native level fluency in French is a requirement and fluency in local languages is highly preferable.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.
About the Organization
Celebrating 100 years of supporting cooperatives that build a better world, the National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the apex association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector support, advocacy and international development that helps co-ops thrive. NCBA CLUSA continues to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 85 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.