Deputy Team Leader
With more than 30 years of experience, CowaterSogema is Canadian global leader in management consulting services, specializing in international economic development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
CowaterSogema is currently recruiting a Deputy Team Leader for an upcoming opportunity in the MENA region focused on renewable energy. Reporting to the Field Team Leader, the Deputy Team Leader will be responsible to assist the Team Leader in all aspects of the day-to-day planning and implementation of the project in the field. He or she will Support the Team Leader to achieve the Project’s expected outcomes, deliver its outputs, and implement its activities on time and within budget.
- Master’s Degree in renewable resources, environmental engineering, socio-economics, international development, or another relevant field.
Minimum Experience :
- 10+ years of overall experience working on international donor-funded programs focused on international development, training and capacity building, government technical assistance, small and medium enterprises (SMEs), or the renewable energy and energy efficiency sector;
- Experience working in community solar programs and relationships between communities and utilities;
- Experience in demand creation/market-based approaches at the SME level;
- Experience in community-based funding/microfinance/revolving funds.
- Experience working in the MENA region.
Essential Skills :
- Excellent English technical and report writing skills.
- Professional level Arabic.
- Demonstrated project management skills: effective supervisory and management of project employees, effective building of stakeholder relationships; effective cross-cultural communication skills; ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated people management skills: experience leading teams of at least 5 people or more.
- Strong understanding and familiarity with the design, installation and maintenance of photovoltaics (PV) systems would be a strong asset.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with CowaterSogema.
About the Organization
CowaterSogema is a global leader in management consulting services, focusing on developing and emerging economies. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. As Canada’s largest international development consulting firm, CowaterSogema has developed a reputation of excellence for our strong ability to work with clients and stakeholders to provide leading-edge solutions and services tailored to the needs and challenges faced by developing and transitional countries. Our firm possesses internationally recognized and award-winning experience at the policy, program and project levels, developing and managing major projects as well as undertaking studies, sector reviews, evaluations, and training and communications activities.
CowaterSogema is a global company with its headquarters in Ottawa, Canada, an office in Montreal, Canada, an office in Pretoria, South Africa (CowaterSogema South Africa) and operations in Paris, France (CowaterSogema Europe). Additionally, the company currently operates project offices worldwide including in Burkina Faso, Mali, Malawi, Cameroon, South Sudan, Mozambique, Zambia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Indonesia, Jordan, Peru, Honduras, Barbados etc.