Deputy Team Leader
- PHAMA Plus Program
- Full time until 30 June 2022
- Based in Suva with frequent travel to PHAMA Plus countries
DT Global is the managing contractor of the Pacific Horticultural and Agricultural Market Access Plus Program (PHAMA Plus) – an Australia and New Zealand Government funded aid program promoting agricultural and horticultural exports from six Pacific Island countries (Fiji, PNG, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, and Vanuatu). For details on the program please visit www.phama.com.au.
We are currently seeking a Deputy Team Leader to join our PHAMA PLUS team. The Deputy Team Leader will provide high level, strategic and staff management support to the Team Leader in managing the PHAMA Plus program. The Deputy Team Leader will act as Deputy to the Team Leader to achieve quality technical, operational, relationship, communication and risk management outcomes.
Essential knowledge, experience and competencies
- Strong professional experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience in international development.
- Previous experience in a senior management position on a large program, and proven experience managing complex tasks in multi-location programs.
- Demonstrated experience of supporting the strategic direction and providing management support to multi-disciplinary teams in a cross-cultural context.
- Demonstrated experience successfully designing and/or managing gender, social inclusion, and/or other critical cross-cutting topics in programming.
- Strong understanding of DFAT policies, systems and requirements, including on gender, environmental and other safeguards, private sector engagement, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Applications are encouraged immediately and will close 3 November 2019 at 11:59 pm Australian Central Standard Time.
Your application will need to include:
- A cover letter and CV
- For further information and to apply, please visit our website at:
https://dt-global.com/company/careers/australia (job code 980)
- For details of program activities and reports, please visit the program website at phama.com.au
DT Global is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection. We encourage women and men and people living with disabilities to apply.
Managed by DT Global and funded by the Australian & New Zealand Governments.
About the Organization
DT Global aim’s to be a leader in international development. Building on over 50 years of combined experience and with support and guidance from GPD Charitable Trust, DT Global will offer a broad array of technical capabilities and creative, adaptive approaches to delivering high-quality interventions. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain, and Australia, DT Global’s portfolio of development projects – from water infrastructure to economic growth to conflict and transition programming – spans more than 90 countries. We have dedicated project offices in 31 countries and talented technical experts in every region of the world. We draw on a rich history of supporting leading international donor agencies, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NZ MFAT, DFID, and government and private sector clients globally.