: State Building Contract – complementary support
: Long-term, 550 working days
: Sierra Leone
The general objective of the overall SBC III is to promote sustainable and inclusive growth and support the consolidation of peace-building and the state-building processes in Sierra Leone. The specific objective of the SBC III project is improved resilience to face external shocks and in reaching the New Deal Peace-building and State-building Goal (PSG) of ‘improved management of revenue and increased capacity for accountable and fair service delivery’.
The purpose of this contract is: To strengthen institutional capacity in PFM, including revenue management, strategic planning and monitoring, budget formulation, execution and oversight, both at the central and at the selected sector levels and monitoring/evaluation of the development policy.
The expected results of this project are as follows:
Qualifications and skills
- Result 1: Strengthened monitoring and evaluation capacity of MoPED and targeted line ministries to enhance capacity for measuring and assessing progress in the implementation of national development and sector policies;
- Result 2: Enhanced implementation, reporting and review process of the PFM strategy 2018 - 2021;
- Result 3: Improved revenue mobilization;
- Result 4: Enhanced capacity for strategic planning and budget formulation, at central and at sector level, with a focus on selected line ministries (education and agriculture);
- Result 5: Improved quality of in-year and annual financial statements;
- Result 6: Improved procurement planning, more competitive procurement and improved procurement oversight;
- Result 7: Improvement in internal audit and enhanced capacity of internal audit units in the line ministries and agencies and Improved management response to audit recommendations issued by Internal Audit and by the Auditor General;
- Result 8: Improved Budget Support Monitoring and Assessment.
- A degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Development studies or relevant discipline, or equivalent experience. Postgraduate qualification preferred.
- Ability to understand the political environment and build strong relationships with Government to achieve results.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Skills in team management and project monitoring preferred but not essential.
A minimum of 10 but preferably 12 years’ experience in public financial management or related. Experience across a range of PFM areas beneficial, including experience in several of the following areas:
-Monitoring and Evaluation of national development and sector plans.
-Supporting PFM Reform efforts, including monitoring, training and reporting.
- Experience carrying out EU budget support eligibility assessments, including performance indicators and data verification.
- Proven mentoring and advisory skills and an ability to ensure transfer of knowledge and skills in a PFM related context.
- Experience working on PFM reform in developing countries, preferably in Sierra Leone or West Africa.
- Demonstrated experience working in challenging, low capacity environments.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org