Deputy Team Leader
Aus4Transport Stream B Activity
Long-term opportunity based in Hanoi, Vietnam
We are currently seeking a Deputy Team Leader to join our Aus4Transport team to support the Team Leader in the management of Program activities. You will also support the Team Leader in the provision of strategic advice to DFAT, MOT, the Steering Committee and other key stakeholders.
The Deputy Team Leader will be responsible for providing support through problem analysis and identification, planning and prioritisation of activities, assist in managing the core team and act as Team Leader in their absence. You will be organised, disciplined with high attention to detail and be culturally sensitive.
Essential knowledge, experience and competencies
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Roads/Highway Engineering or similar discipline.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Successful management experience in leading and managing the implementation of program activities in complex development settings, such as Vietnam.
- Strong relationship building and the ability to work in the Vietnam context.
- Strong experience in leading teams on development programs.
- Procurement preparation and roads contract management experience.
- Understanding of engineering and non-engineering elements in road infrastructure (e.g. GESI, environmental, climate change etc.)
- Highly motivated and a self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Understanding of and commitment to Australian aid safeguard issues, specifically child protection, gender mainstreaming and disability inclusion.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, communication and relationship management skills.
Desirable knowledge, experience and competencies
- World Bank and ADB project experience.
- DFAT experience on policies and approaches.
- M&E experience.
- PPP experience.
- Knowledge of interagency requirements and practices in Vietnam.
Applications are encouraged immediately and will close 31 March 2019
AECOM is committed to child protection.
Appointment to this position is subject to a valid police check.
This program is managed by AECOM, on behalf of the Australian Government.
About the Organization
Edit a Job | LinkedIn Recruiter
AECOM International Development
AECOM is a global International Development service provider, operating in 113 countries, coordinated through the work of 2,000 corporate and project staff. AECOM deliver International Development services through dedicated practice areas, working with clients in the public and private sectors to achieve sustainable development outcomes through cost-effective, innovative and equitable activities.