For an upcoming programme on Rural Energy Supply in Mozambique, we (Mott MacDonald) are currently positioning and therefore looking for a Deputy Team Leader.
The Deputy Team Leader / Market Development Fund (MDF) Manager will have primary responsibility for designing and overseeing the operations of the MDF Fund in the programme.
* Support the TL in the overall management of the Programme, the team, and the implementing partners of of the programme;
* Support the TL with planning, budgeting, and implementation;
* Responsible for all aspects of fiduciary risk management of the Fund;
* Responsible for the design of the MDF Fund through the Operations Manual;
* Responsible for the design of the Financial Management Manual;
* Develop and manage the Call for Proposals (including development of tender documents);
* Manage the contracting of Implementation partner (incl. the due diligence process);
* Oversee the implementation of Projects under the MDF, and ensuring partners report on operational and financial progress;
* Ensure that funds are appropriately spent on agreed activities by Implementing Partners and quality requirements are met;
The candidate we are looking for has:
* Master degree in Business Administration; Accounting; or similar;
* At least seven years of experience as manager of sizeable (investment or capital venture) Funds;
* Previous experience of working on / managing DFID programmes (knowledge of DFID requirements);
* Proven track-record in Fiduciary risk management;
* Knowledge of financial/investment models for the (renewable) energy sector preferred;
* Experience working with international donors preferred;
* Previous work experience in Mozambique is preferred;
* Strong skills in communication;
* Fluency in spoken and written English required and Portuguese highly desired.
About the Organization
Mott MacDonald is an employee-owned management, development and engineering consultancy serving the public and private sector around the world. We have more than 16,000 staff, a turnover of GBP 1.2 billion and 180 offices worldwide.
The International Development Services Division of Mott MacDonald is involved in more than 90 projects in over 40 countries in Central and Eastern Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. Our area of work is project delivery in the international development arena, including projects focussing on Education; Health; Economic & Social Development; and Water, Environment & Climate Change. Our clients are international funding institutions such as the EU, World Bank, UK Department for International Development (DFID), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) and the African and Asian Development Banks (AfDB and ADB).