Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis is seeking a junior level Design Specialist for an upcoming 3 year Department of State project supporting the Bureau of Political-Military Affairs. The position would be full-time based on-site at the State Department in Washington DC, with an expected start date in mid 2019. This position is contingent upon award.
- Perform basic program management duties for ongoing SFCB projects in the region
- Assist with the management of activities in one or some combination of the following regions: East Asia and Pacific, South and Central Asia, Near East Asia, Europe and Eurasia, Africa, and Western Hemisphere
- Monitor the implementation of program activities within the geographic region(s) to ensure timely and effective execution, as well as alignment with GSCF goals and objectives; collect program data (to include training statistics, participant rosters, after action reviews, and other requirements) related to regional activities
- Work with SFCB staff to resolve implementation issues in a timely manner;
- Support development of congressional notifications as needed
- Coordinate with SFCB staff to ensure accurate financial reporting for each project
- Submit a quarterly report tracking project implementation to the SFCB division chief
- Participate in regional program evaluation as required;
- Liaise with the relevant State Department regional Bureau, as well as regional program implementers, to include (but not limited to) the relevant geographic combatant command and embassies
- Track and brief SFCB Division Chief on regional strategy and policy; draft, review, and circulate documents related to regional policy and programs
- Participate in relevant interagency planning processes and track allocation of USG security assistance resources to the region
- Help develop new concepts and proposals for the relevant geographic region(s)
- Conduct other program-related support activities, as directed
- Previous program management experience
- Degree in international relations, international security studies, political science, or equivalent
- Understanding of U.S. security assistance processes and procedures
- Experience working in a policy environment at State or DoD
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation; working knowledge of logical frameworks and theory of change
- Ability to assist in coordination at all levels between U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Defense, and other interagency stakeholders to exchange information and prioritize program activities
- Skill in oral and written communication to prepare and present analyses, draft talking points, and develop other program reports and documents for senior State and DoD officials
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally to conduct regional assessment visits at least two- to-three times per year
- Active Secret Clearance
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.