CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
Based in the San Francisco office,the Development Associate will be responsible for all support functions pertaining to the Western and Midwest Regions of the Individual Giving team within the Resource Development department at CARE, including support of remote staff located in Los Angeles and Seattle, and coordination with national staff as needed. This position supports both the Executive Director and other team members to allow them to focus on external fundraising, donor relationships and strategy while feeling confident that the support and logistics functions necessary for excellent donor care and internal efficiencies are being thoughtfully executed by the Development Associate. The position reports to the Executive Director of the Western Region will be a full-time employee.
- Administrative Support
- Supporting the thoughtful stewardship of CARE’s donors
- Coverage and Office Management
- High school diploma
- 1-3 years experience in a not-for-profit or office environment working with senior staff and external constituents proven track record of handling multiple job responsibilities
- Must be able to handle confidential material with tact and discretion.
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, writing, and by phone.
- Must be comfortable talking to donors on the phone.
- Problem solver who can take initiative, set priorities, and work independently under general direction.
- Strategic thinker with ability to be able to improve processes and efficiencies.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective “customer service” orientation toward all colleagues
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and preferable CRM experience
- Exceptional proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to professionally interact with donors, board members, volunteers and prospects as needed in conjunction with external efforts.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
About the Organization
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We place special focus on working alongside poor women because, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. Women are at the heart of CARE's community-based efforts to improve basic education, prevent the spread of disease, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity and protect natural resources. CARE also delivers emergency aid to survivors of war and natural disasters, and helps people rebuild their lives.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.