The UK’s Department for International Development (DFID) is seeking Partners / Suppliers to implement Technical Support to the implementation of the UK Government Good Governance Fund from October 2018.
Good Governance Fund (GGF) is a programme portfolio jointly delivered by the Department for International Development (DFID) and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). It is funded through the UK’s cross government Conflict, Stability and Security Fund (CSSF)
Established in autumn 2015, GGF has the specific aim of aiding Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Moldova, Serbia and Ukraine to become more resilient to internal and external shocks by developing good governance, the private sector and by making the populations of these countries better informed so that governments could be held to account. Armenia and Macedonia have been added to the GGF portfolio as of April 2018.
The Good Governance Programme is expected to deliver multiple targeted quality projects across 7 different countries in the following areas:
- Strengthen rule of law and democratic accountability as well as reforming police and justice systems;
- Liberalise and modernise key growth sectors such as energy and banking;
- Reform tax systems, improvement to the business environment and the reduction of red tape to generate foreign investment and help private sector entrepreneurs to drive trade, investment and exports;
- Support public administration reform including civil service reform and improve public financial management and anti-corruption measures to help enhance use of public resources and improve transparency; and
- Strengthen independent media to ensure balanced and accurate news and public affairs reporting.
Crown Agents would love to hear from Team Leaders and Senior Consultants with experience of the above areas, particularly in Eastern Europe.
About the Organization
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.