At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2016, CARE worked in 94 countries and reached 80 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
The Development Coordinator will have responsibility for all support functions pertaining to the regional Individual Giving teams of the Resource Development department and will work closely with their counterparts, other teams within Resource Development, other units within CARE and with CARE’s external stakeholders and supporters. The position reports to a Director or Senior Director of Development in the region and is a member of the Resource Development unit.
- Administrative support to the Executive Directors and regional team
- Supporting the thoughtful stewardship of CARE’s donors
- Externally-facing customer service
- Facilitating inter-unit collaboration and information sharing
- Bachelors Degree
- 3-5 years experience in an office environment and not-for-profit working with senior staff and external constituents; proven track record of handling multiple job responsibilities
- Must be able to handle confidential material with tact and discretion.
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, writing, and by phone.
- Must be comfortable talking to donors on the phone.
- Problem solver who can take initiative, set priorities, and work independently under general direction.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to be able to improve processes and efficiencies.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective “customer service” orientation toward all colleagues
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and preferable CRM experience
- Exceptional proofreading and editing skills
About the Organization
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We place special focus on working alongside poor women because, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. Women are at the heart of CARE's community-based efforts to improve basic education, prevent the spread of disease, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity and protect natural resources. CARE also delivers emergency aid to survivors of war and natural disasters, and helps people rebuild their lives.
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.