Development Finance Lead
About Development Initiatives (DI)
Our mission is to ensure that decisions about the allocation of finance and resources result in an end to poverty, increase the resilience of the world’s most vulnerable people, and leave no one behind.
We believe that by 2030, it’s possible to bring about an end to extreme poverty. However, current global and national investments are not reducing poverty fast enough to meet the agreed Sustainable Development Goals - other resources need to be better harnessed.
We’re working to ensure that investments work more effectively, together and to their comparative strengths to benefit poor and vulnerable people. We are also investigating what the financing models of the future will look like and how they can be developed to transition from other financial streams which may have reached their potential.
To support our work, we are looking for a Development Finance Lead to join us in Bristol and support the next phase of our development finance portfolio.
- Salary of £45,000 - £50,000 per annum DOE
- Pension (5% of salary)
- 25 days’ holiday + option to buy/sell holiday
- Up to five days’ paid leave for charitable work (volunteering to address poverty and/or help vulnerable people)
- Smart casual dress code policy
- Flexitime and homeworking options
- Cycle to work scheme
- Simply Health Cash scheme with employee assistance programme
- Paid professional fees and study leave
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption/sick leave policies
If you have a strong background in development, environmental and peace and security finance, this is an incredible opportunity to use your expertise to help vulnerable people across the globe.
You will have the chance to collaborate with a passionate, like-minded team to drive awareness of our development finance work and ensure that investments are targeting the people and places that are most in need.
As the Development Finance Lead, you will provide intellectual leadership for our development finance portfolio of work.
You will identify how wider resources and their associated actors, institutions and instruments can contribute to poverty reduction within an evolving global development finance architecture.
Working across projects and geographies, you will inspire new thinking, mentor and develop staff to undertake cutting-edge work, as well as ensuring the integrity of DI’s analysis.
Your duties will include:
- Developing a clear, ambitious and coherent vision and workplan for DI’s ongoing development finance work and leading its implementation
- Providing project leadership, supervision, quality assurance and sign-off for research publications on finance topics
- Representing DI’s work externally at a senior level to decision-makers, partners and other stakeholders
To join us as a Development Finance Lead, you will need:
- Strong, demonstrable experience of working directly with and/or analysing development, environmental and peace and security finance across a range of institutions
- Experience of leading projects and project teams across multiple locations
- Experience of developing and leading multiple complex projects and portfolios of work, from concept through to delivery
- Previous experience of public speaking and presentations and building and maintaining strategic networks
- A strong understanding of the types, instruments, actors, policy processes and political landscapes within international development finance
- Excellent research skills in both qualitative and quantitative methods and a strong track record of writing for publications for policy audiences
Development Initiatives is an equal opportunities employer and, in line with our policies, we aim to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as our Development Finance Lead, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.