Develop Medair’s presence in the German-speaking part of Switzerland by raising funds and increasing visibility.
Develop strategies and creative initiatives to build Medair’s brand and attract new supporters. Develop a strong network of supporters, particularly focusing on existing and prospective private major donors to deliver on demanding income targets, generate prayer support.
Medair Zurich, Switzerland
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
June 2018. Full time, open-ended contract
Key Activity Areas
Creative communication and fundraising
- Develop new initiatives and products to increase brand visibility and build engaging experience to grow the donor database.
- Project management: create, develop and implement fundraising projects and ideas.
- Find new and attractive locations, partners & concepts to implement events and when necessary support with planning and organisation of Medair events.
Relationship fundraising with private donors and communities
- Maintain and develop existing contacts to build positive and sustainable relationships.
- Face to face meetings, use existing and new products, events.
- Networking in secular audiences and Christian communities.
- Nurture existing church relationships and acquire new ones.
- Thank you management.
Increase brand awareness to general public
- Recognise trends and opportunities in the Swiss German market.
- Seek out new channels and audiences to promote Medair.
- Position Medair effectively using its comparative advantages and unique selling propositions (USP).
Acquiring new prospects in order to maintain a robust pipeline of relationships
- Introduce Medair to the public to attract new donors, influencers and ambassadors.
Recruitment activities field / HQ staff
- Promote open vacancies to the Christian community.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Strong working knowledge of German (spoken and written). Good understanding of Swiss German
- Working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- Demonstrable professional success in the area of fundraising / communication / sales
- Private or public sector experience in Switzerland.
- Advanced user of MS Office.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Networking skills. Sense for inspiring communication and current trends.
- Close to the market, ability to identify potential of audiences.
- Goal and performance oriented.
- Creative mind-set, open for new ideas, desire to stick out and be innovative.
- Pioneer and self-driven. People-oriented, strong interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative team player.
- Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Before you apply, please ensure you are fully aware of the:
Then to apply, go to the ”Current Vacancies” page then:
- apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile), or
- apply for a Medair ROC (where we can try and match your competencies to our vacancy needs).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed. Medair does not set closing / deadline dates for applications; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled.
About the Organization
Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired by Christian faith to relieve human suffering in some of the world’s most remote and devastated places. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality. As signatories of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, we believe that aid should be given to everyone who is in need, regardless of political, social or religious viewpoint. We save lives in emergencies and then stay to help people recover from crisis with dignity—working side by side with communities to leave a lasting impact. We provide a range of emergency relief and recovery services: health care and nutrition; safe water, sanitation, and hygiene; shelter and infrastructure.