Global Communities is seeking a Development Officer to join the Development team at the headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland.
The Development Officer provides key support to the Development Team in meeting Global Communities’ business targets. The Officer provides research, writing, management or coordination support for the business and proposal cycle activities involving Global Communities headquarter and field staff. Activities will be multi-facted such as leading rapid response initiatives; providing support to major business development efforts including, but not limited to proposal management, proposal writing, desk research, and identifying and locking in partner; business intelligence gathering, analyses, and reporting; and/or strategic networking and relationship building. In addition, s/he develops, improves, and contributes to Global Communities’ systems for information gathering and analyses, process and tools creation, and capacity building.
* Contribute to Global Communities’ development strategy and business pipeline; business intelligence gathering and analyses; client engagement and diversification; and organization-wide orientation to development.
* Serve as a liaison between Global Communities’ divisions, field teams, HQ-based proposal teams, and partner organizations to facilitate information gathering and analyses towards successful business opportunities and proposal submissions.
* Support the Development Manager in pursuit of high interest target bids in roles such as, but not limited to the following:
* Coordinate activities for the positioning, capture, and the proposal preparation and submission cycle.
* Conduct pre-capture and post-solicitation desk reviews and on-site field assessments for country background information, sectoral best practices, competitor strengths and weaknesses, partners and staff identification, and other information needed for successful capture activities and proposal design.
* Identify potential partners and define their scopes of work and negotiations of pre-teaming and teaming agreements. Work with proposed partners to be sure that they provide their required information to support the business and proposal development needs.
* During the proposal preparation period, develop, oversee and maintain the proposal calendar and monitor adherence to the defined process and deadlines for technical/business proposals, rosters/recruiting, production schedules and quality standards. Work with the Development Manager to resolve issues with delays or other roadblocks in the proposal process. Write assigned proposal sections, including, but not limited to, background statements, technical components, cross-cutting issues, management and staffing, or organizational capacity. Monitor and ensure responsiveness and compliance of the proposals to the solicitation using compliance monitoring and review. Provide administrative support for partner deliberations and meetings, design and review sessions, and proposal preparation sessions.
* Lead specific bids, rapid response initiatives, or concept paper preparations. This would include identifying, researching, and analyzing opportunities as well as supporting business capture and managing, leading and writing proposals for work funded by USAID, bilateral, multilateral or private sector clients.
* Contribute to Global Communities’ robust client management/Salesforce data base through routine inputs, capacity building of staff, and application of data towards development activities and targets.
* Represents Global Communities at meetings, conferences, and workshops, identifying synergies and developing partnerships and alliances as appropriate. Present and speak effectively on Global Communities’ broader organizational capabilities.
* Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.
* A Master’s degree and up to 2 years of relevant experience or a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2-5 years of experience.
* Relevant experience in proposal/program development for an international development organization is required.
* Prior international living experience, preferably in a developing country preferred.
* Must have U.S. work authorization.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels.
EOE/AA - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with Disabilities.