The purpose of this monitoring and evaluation (M&E) contract is to supplement the monitoring and program management efforts of USAID/Lebanon staff; and to verify, monitor and support USAID program performance in the country. The primary goal of this contract is to improve performance management at all levels to help the Mission meet Agency requirements, make better informed strategic and management decisions, and advance USAID learning on effective development approaches.
As a key member of MSI’s Monitoring and Evaluation Program in Lebanon, the Communications and Outreach Specialist will support USAID and project staff in the development and production of information products and events. This will include working closely with USAID’s Development Outreach Communications Office (DOC) within the Mission. The Communications Specialist will work full-time at MSI’s Beirut field office. The position is expected to begin on/around June 2021. This position will be part of a larger team supporting evaluation and analysis on the reach and effectiveness of USAID-supported development programs. Please note this position is contingent upon funding and USAID approval.
· Support USAID’s Lebanon DOC unit in the implementation of its communications and outreach strategy to achieve maximum exposure and understanding of U.S. development efforts among Lebanese audiences. This includes event management, public relations, media outreach, report development, photography, video production, advertising and translations.
· Support implementing partners in addressing issues related to Mission and Agency communications and outreach priorities, messaging, dissemination methods, branding and marking plans, event planning, and communications and media policies.
· Work with USAID Lebanon’s DOC unit to expand opportunities to keep TV, radio and other media abreast of the Mission’s programs through the planning and promotion of targeted media or outreach activities.
· Travel to the field to support the identification and capture of success stories, photos and videos about the Mission’s programs and impact for publication and dissemination through platforms.
· Support the USAID DOC unit in developing and implementing social media campaigns to promote the various USAID project milestones.
· Support the monitoring of local and international press coverage, awareness and attitudes about USAID programs, and monitor the effectiveness of messaging.
· University degree in journalism, communication, advertising and marketing, English literature or relevant field.
· Minimum of three years of experience in communications, reporting or a related field.
· Knowledge of international development work and the local media landscape is desirable.
· Demonstrated experience in report writing, event planning, and social media content development. Experience in video and photography preferred.
· Strong interpersonal and oral communications and presentation skills.
· Native proficiency in spoken and written English is required. Must be able to use English fluently and accurately and operate in English on a professional level. Proficiency in Arabic is preferred.
· Experience working with a diverse group of stakeholders, including development organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, and project beneficiaries.
· Hiring preference is given to qualified Lebanese nationals.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.