Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is seeking a Development Specialist (DS) to join our Governance and Economic Growth team. We are searching for an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial high performer who has a passion for international development, and experience in a dynamic home office environment.
The DS will contribute to project management and business development opportunities, with the potential to conduct field assignments and collaborate with teams across the globe. The primary duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Liaise between field and headquarters office teams on operational, contractual, human resource, and administrative matters;
- Monitor project budgets and develop projections;
- Review subcontractor and consultants’ invoices and expense reports;
- Recruit and mobilize consultants;
- Provide operational and administrative assistance in program start up and close out;
- Conduct desktop and other research as needed.
- Identify new opportunities through desktop research;
- Contribute to proposal and pre-proposal development efforts in research, coordination, and other areas as required;
- Liaise with recruiters and field staff to identify the best candidates for new and upcoming projects;
- Draft sections of proposals.
- BA or degree in economics, International Relations or other relevant field, Master’s or MBA preferred;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the international development field
- Proven experience working on business development efforts for USAID and other donors;
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Excellent conceptual, verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in the English language required;
- Willingness to travel up to 25%; and
- US work authorization required.
Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
* Please Note that selected candidates will be required to pass a background and reference screening. Cardno is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer EEO/AA/M/F/V/D
Cardno International Development has a 50-year history of serving the U.S. Government’s foreign assistance objectives. The team brings together a broad range of experience and talent, a rich history of innovation and passion, and an established reputation for high quality services across many sectors. We have offices in Brisbane, Brussels, Dili, Jakarta, Manila, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, Yangon, and Washington, D.C.