As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries
Within the framework of the BMZ programme develoPPP.de, GIZ is implementing a project together with the German consulting company “Internationale Projekt Consult” (IPC) GmbH and the Fidelity Bank in Ghana to set up a training centre for continuing vocational training in the financial sector (banks, microfinance institutions and other organisations).The objective of the project is to train future and current employees in financial institutions and other organisations in the financial sector in Ghana and thus to make a long-term contribution to a stable and inclusive financial system. During the project period, a training centre will be set up which offers demand- and practice-oriented training and further education modules according to international standards. In terms of content, the offer is intended to cover the entire range of demand and will cover both banking and general topics such as personnel management.
The operators of the training centre (IPC GmbH and Fidelity Bank) work in collaboration with the University of Ghana) as an advisory body to ensure that the centre’s services remain close to the market and contribute to a more stable and inclusive financial system.
- Support in setting up the training centre and the associated operational and administrative processes;
- Project management in consultation with IPC and GIZ including monitoring of activities and milestones as well as coordination of contributions from various stakeholders;
- Building and maintaining a pool of trainers;
- Further training of trainers in the field of methodological and moderation skills;
- Quality assurance of the trainer’s work (e.g. recording of feedback from participants, maintenance of a database with individual evaluation of each trainer’s performance and training needs);
- Preparation of training events (e.g. coordination of trainers and participants, receipt of customer enquiries, maintenance of the training calendar, updating of course material, organisation of training rooms, initiation and processing of contracts with service providers);
- Advising the management of the training centre;
- Consulting for the marketing of the training center/course offer, e.g. development and maintenance of a website;
- Support in setting up and administering databases;
- Support in setting up an online training and communication platform.
- Completed studies (business administration, economics, finance, marketing, education or similar fields);
- Professional experience in the field of education and training, ideally with experience in the design and implementation of training measures;
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience;
- Experience in marketing, event organisation and e-learning/blended learning is an advantage;
- Very good knowledge of English;
- Travel and ideally work experience in countries of the Global South;
- Familiar with various media/channels for marketing and further education;
- Ability to handle limited resources;
- Ability to work independently and autonomously;
- Intercultural sensitivity;
- Ability to work in a team, focus on results, and reliability.
- Residence: Accra
- Climate: Tropical
- Health care: Sufficient, in case of serious illness evacuation must be considered.
- Shopping and supply facilities: There are many shopping possibilities, also international standards on site.
- Reachability: international airport with daily connections to Europe
- Children, infants: international kindergarten available
- School situation and school fees: German school, reimbursement of school fees according to GIZ rules
- Security: Security situation is good.
GIZ’s Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. If you should not be able to post an application via the system, you are welcome to contact the person indicated at the end of the job description.
About the Organization
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the Entwicklungshelfer-Gesetz.