As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
The development worker will advise the social workers in three municipalities in the south-west of Burkina Faso (Dissin, Gaoua and Batié) on developing and expanding social work in the area of child protection as well as on promoting the rights of children and young people. The development worker will (1) help strengthen organisational development; and (2) advise employees in social services on case management and in supporting children who have experienced violence, as well as in identifying alternative education, training and/or employment opportunities for children and young people who are affected by child trafficking and the worst forms of child labour. The goal of this deployment is to improve the social services of the municipalities by developing their capacities.
- You will provide support with organisational development and with developing and expanding the skills of the social services in the area of children’s and young people’s rights as well as in the area of the protection of children against violence.
- You will advise the social services employees at municipal and regional level in case management and in supporting children and young people who have experienced violence, and in identifying alternatives for children and young people who are affected by child trafficking and child labour.
- You will provide advice and support for the employees in the temporary reception facilities for children who have experienced violence.
- You will document, analyse and disseminate innovative approaches and best practices for children’s rights at municipal level.
- You will work closely with the project manager and the various stakeholders of the programme, both in the south-west and at central level (Ouagadougou).
- You will provide technical support and will also attend weekly and quarterly meetings, if required.
- You will represent the PRO-Enfant II programme at partner events that are organised at central and regional level.
- You will contribute to regular reports for BMZ partners and partners in Burkina Faso.
- You will coordinate with the GIZ Office and other programmes and provide support for PR work.
- You have successfully completed a university-level degree in social sciences, social work, adult educational theory, coaching, or a comparable qualification.
- You have already gained professional experience in the field of youth social work, preferably in an organisation that represents these interests.
- You have experience and knowledge in organisational development as well as good advisory skills.
- You have well-founded knowledge in children and youth work as well as child protection.
- You speak fluent French; good English skills would be an advantage.
- Initial experience and knowledge of development cooperation would also be beneficial.
- Place of residence: Gaoua is the capital city of the south-western region of Burkina Faso
- Climate: warm, tropical climate with a rainy season from June to October
- Health care: Basic medical care is provided. Specialist doctors in Ouagadougou and Bobo-Dioulasso
- School situation and school fees: no international schools; the location is therefore not suitable for children.
- Security: The security situation is tense. Special precautionary measures apply to GIZ employees on the ground. The specifications of the GIZ security measures must be complied with at all times. Please also ensure that you always consult the country-specific information issued by the German Federal Foreign Office.
GIZ’s Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
About the Organization
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the Entwicklungshelfer-Gesetz.