Dexis is seeking an experienced Digital and Social Media Strategist to provide critical social media support to the US Agency for International Development (USAID). This position provides day-to-day strategic, editorial oversight to support interactive distribution of priority external messaging, while guiding the development and implementation of a comprehensive, integrated strategic social media strategy for USAID’s Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs that can be adapted for use by other operational units against Agency goals.
- Coordinate across teams to develop and execute social media strategies and tactics;
- Draft and schedule social media posts to support a cohesive external message;
- Develop and edit social media content; coordinate across teams to ensure that social media toolkits, messaging, and resource guides are finalized for distribution among key stakeholders, including internal audiences;
- Develop and support strategic implementation of distribution plans;
- Manage photo editing or creation of digital assets (e.g., pictograms);
- Manage video clip editing as needed;
- Respond to social media inquiries and comments in real time;
- Pro-actively seek opportunities to drive, join, or share ongoing digital conversations that relate to strategic priority areas;
- Update and implement a strategic social media strategy and best practices style guide to emphasize distribution against core messaging priorities, increase reach, and deepen audience engagement to coincide with LPA’s public affairs plan;
- Support analytics review;
- Design and support implementation of strategic communications campaigns;
- Provide event support ranging from logistics assistance to on-site strategic communications and social media management
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field and 4 years of relevant experience, or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field and 6 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience managing multiple communications and social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Strong strategic communications skills and background
- Active secret-level security clearance strongly preferred.
- Experience with USAID preferred
- Strong understanding of social media analytics desired
- Travel up to 10% may be needed
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.