Tetra Tech International Development Services (www.tetratech.com/intdev), headquartered in Arlington, Virginia is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to join our Communications Unit and support the Tetra Tech International Development Services (IDS) team. Tetra Tech’s IDS team plans, designs, implements, evaluates projects, and conducts research in nine technical sectors. The Digital Communications Specialist supports Tetra Tech IDS’ marketing, communication, and social media activities and supports Washington, D.C. outreach activities. The successful candidate will have demonstrated outstanding experience in strategic communications, primarily for social media and other digital platforms. The Specialist will be expected to work at both the strategic and tactical levels to deliver high-value communications results. This position is based in Arlington, Virginia, but will also provide support for our Burlington, VT office.
* Develop and implement social media strategy for Tetra Tech IDS social media sites, campaigns, and events to maintain and increase our engagement on key platforms;
* Provide regular management, monitoring, and measurement of Company social media channels;
* Produce graphics and basic multimedia for social media channels;
* Support the production of email marketing initiatives, including a monthly e-newsletter;
* Strategize ways to optimize email marketing based on competitive reviews and implement accordingly
* Collaborate with field-based staff to proactively source, write, and recommend key story packages that advance Tetra Tech IDS’s mission
* Design and produce marketing collateral for Tetra Tech IDS and USAID-funded projects, and proposals, which include written materials and marketing publications such as brochures, fact sheets, etc.
* Support project-level event planning and execution, with international travel included as necessary
* Develop communication plans based on new business pursuits and provide strategic counsel on communications needs to the proposal team as necessary
* Supports event planning, both in-office and at outside venues
* Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or other related field of study.
* Two to three years of relevant professional experience preferred.
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work well under pressure and perform numerous tasks simultaneously.
* Knowledge of international development field strongly preferred.
* Familiarity with field-based communications strategies preferred.
* Demonstrated effective and culturally-sensitive skills interacting with customers and partners in the international development arena.
* Highly motivated self-starter with a “can-do/will-do” attitude.
* Demonstrated ability to manage internal and client expectations, sometimes with minimal supervision.
* High-level proficiency in social media platforms, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office applications.
* Knowledge of social media analytics and social media events implementation.
* Excellence in critical thinking, writing, and oral communication skills required.
* Foreign language skills considered a plus.
* Ability and desire to do international travel.
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity.
* Current CV in reverse chronological format.
* List of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information and statement of relationship to the reference.
* A writing sample of recent work no more than 10 pages in length in which the applicant is the sole author, or authored sections highlighted.
Apply on-line at: http://ow.ly/KApW30li8MG
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.