Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Policy & Political roles)
Communications, Press and Media
Due to COVID-19, you may experiment some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign. We are working hard to minimise any disruption. You may find more information in the Additional Information section below.
The British Embassy in Moscow is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is looking for a Digital Content Manager.
The successful candidate will manage the British Embassy Moscow social media channels (Facebook, VK, Instagram, Twitter) and maintain the digital calendar to keep a rich pipeline of content flowing. The Digital Content Manager will also produce high quality, engaging digital content, including graphics, photography, short videos and other short-form content in English and Russian, in support of digital communication campaigns in Russia and occasionally in Eastern Europe and the Central Asia region.
This is an exciting role where creativity, proven social media management skills and political awareness can be combined to deliver engaging content reaching significant audiences on all FCO digital channels targeting Russian speakers.
The successful candidate will report to Digital Campaigns Editor and will work closely with London and regional colleagues.
Roles and responsibilities:
Social media management
- Proactively lead and develop British Embassy Moscow social media channels (Facebook, VK, Instagram, Twitter), including content planning, social media asset recommendations and production (images, video content, info-graphics, etc.), messaging development, and communication with the audience;
- Contribute local knowledge and audience insight to the development and design of strategic communication campaigns. Develop targeted audience and channel plans;
- Set social media performance KPIs and track performance over time using built-in and third party analytical tools (Brandwatch, FollowerWonk);
- Develop campaigns to engage with influencers, including concept, planning, execution, and analysis;
- Support the production and organisation of visual assets that can be used for ongoing communications opportunities;
- Closely work with other parts of the Embassy to identify proactive and real-time content opportunities;
- Use excellent English & Russian language skills to translate digital content into Russian ensuring that it maintains the nuances of the original message;
- Tailor content to different target audiences & digital channels to ensure effective audience outreach and engagement;
- Continue to build the brand and reputation of the British Embassy, ensure that messages land effectively and unambiguously with the target audiences across Russia.
- Share best practice by coaching other content contributors to improve digital delivery across the region;
- Other duties deemed operationally necessary by Line Manager or Deputy/Head of Section.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Fluent spoken and written Russian and English;
- A minimum of 2 years of previous relevant professional experience managing social platforms;
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to convey complex information in a straightforward, interesting and engaging manner;
- Proven track record in social media channel management and optimisation;
- Understanding and active interest in the nuances of different social platforms and the ways audiences consume content on them;
- Experience of managing a broad workload, able to prioritise and continue to deliver against objectives;
- Experience in campaign evaluation and metrics for success;
- Excellent face-to-face communications skills;
- Strategic thinking and strong attention to details.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Degree or background in Communications, Marketing or Design;
- Familiarity with the Russian-language media/digital landscape including on current affairs and foreign policy;
- Experience of working with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects or similar production software and video production equipment.
Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Application Deadline: April 14, 2020