Girl Up is a global leadership development initiative, positioning girls to be leaders in the movement for gender equality. With resources in five languages and 3,300 Girl Up Clubs in nearly 120 countries, we’ve trained 58,000 girls of all backgrounds to create tangible change for girls everywhere. Girl Up provides leadership training and gives girls tools to become gender equality advocates and activists. Through our programs, girls broaden their social impact skill set and benefit from a platform to tell their stories. Our girl leaders create real policy change at local and national levels, help raise millions of dollars to support United Nations programs that reach tens of thousands of girls around the world and build community-based movements. Girl Up was founded by the United Nations Foundation in 2010 and continues to work across a global community of partners to achieve gender equality worldwide.
The Digital Fundraising Manager, Girl Up is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing all of Girl Up’s peer-to-peer, grassroots and digital fundraising efforts. The Digital Fundraising Manager reports to the Director of Development, Girl Up and works closely with Girl Up’s programs and communications teams to ensure integration of peer-to-peer, grassroots and digital fundraising into all major moments throughout the year to maximize fundraising opportunities across all online platforms.
- Manage and grow Girl Up’s peer to peer and grassroots revenue streams;
- Work in partnership with Girl Up’s Director of Development to create and execute an innovative peer to peer and grassroots development plan with measurable actions to advance it. Includes a calendar of strategic email appeals to current, lapsed and prospective individual donors;
- Meet a $1+ million peer to peer/grassroots fundraising goal, with annual YOY growth;
- Measure, evaluate, analyze, and refine current fundraising strategies to enhance participation and revenue;
- Facilitate pipeline development for integration of peer to peer, grassroots and Team Girl Up (running program) participants into annual giving program;
- Actively identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward existing peer to peer and grassroots participants and Team Girl Up athletes and supporters, with a focus on retention and acquisition;
- Work in partnership with Programs team to lead planning, execution, and participant recruitment for peer to peer, grassroots, and Team Girl Up;
- Collaborate with Programs and Communications team to create, launch, maintain, evaluate, and optimize creative assets to support peer to peer fundraising;
- Define objectives/KPI measures and plans on how to achieve them monthly, quarterly and yearly;
- Provide accurate and insightful digital income analysis and reports to ensure digital fundraising delivers on target;
- Conduct post-event/campaign follow up to influence future approach for major peer to peer fundraising moments and Team Girl Up events;
- Identify new fundraising opportunities and optimal partnerships to expand Girl Up’s fundraising through peer to peer virtual events and Team Girl Up initiatives;
- Identify and establish new partnerships and donor matches to enhance digital fundraising;
- Collaborate with Communications team to create fundraising messaging during major campaigns socialized on all digital platforms;
- Plan and execute campaigns and other major fundraising drives;
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree required;
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of experience in generalist fundraising experience with demonstrated ability in peer to peer and grassroots fundraising required. Experience in political campaign fundraising a plus;
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service and motivation to participants;
- Proficiency in Classy or similar peer to peer platform required. Knowledge Salesforce, EveryAction, and other fundraising portals a plus;
- Experience in project management, including establishing project scope, timelines, and execution
- Strong writing and editing experience with a focus on email appeals, and impact centered stories;
- Possess the skills to effectively manage and maintain relationships;
- Be a self-starter and goal-driven to manage and grow complex grassroots fundraising initiatives;
- Be organized and prioritize follow-up and follow-through;
- Self-starter and ability to work across multiple departments and with a range of people.
- Collaborative, entrepreneurial, fun and team-oriented.
- Flexible schedule with an ability to travel (up to 20%) and work evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter with both energy and creativity.
- Dependability, openness and flexibility;
- Display a positive attitude, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability;
- Strong commitment to gender equality and youth development;
- Ability to meet position deliverables;
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.