Manage the R4D website:
- Develop and implement strategies to help R4D meet its goals related to website traffic, visit duration, email sign-ups and bounce rates.
- Track and analyze website traffic trends and use findings to suggest data-driven recommendations to make site improvements, support growth initiatives and measure effectiveness.
- Perform regular A/B testing to optimize performance and user experience.
- Oversee full life-cycle of website content management from asset-gathering to production, promotion, maintenance and sunsetting. This will include liaising with R4D portfolio and program teams to create new content that supports their strategic goals.
- Ensure R4D’s website is aligned with the R4D brand and uses consistent voice and style.
- Manage the work of third-party vendors, including a web developer and a sys/ops vendor — and others as needed — to ensure that R4D is getting good value for its investments. Propose changes where needed.
- Conceive and develop engaging, best-in-class multimedia executions (e.g., an interactive map, multimedia storytelling).
- Develop new ideas for engaging with R4D’s online community, including building R4D’s email list and increasing engagement on R4D’s social media channels.
- Lead effort to improve search engine optimization and search engine marketing (manage R4D’s Google Adwords grant).
Advise other R4D teams on the creation of digital platforms & products:
- Serve as R4D’s digital platform/product expert and offer guidance to internal stakeholders on website strategy, development, best practices and proposed improvements for optimization to drive website goals.
- Liaise between vendors and program staff, as necessary.
- Provide strategic advice about staffing, resources needed, timelines and other elements on proposals that include digital platforms and products.Seek opportunities to bill time directly to programs.
Serve as the lead for the R4D’s Digital Platform Community Practice:
- Convene the Digital Platform Community of Practice on a quarterly basis. This group includes R4D staff who work on digital platforms or products other than R4D.org, including https://healthmarketinnovations.org, https://educationinnovations.org, https://lnct.global, https://www.globalinnovationexchange.org, https://acs.r4d.org. The purpose of this group
is to provide a forum where staff can learn from one another, document and access best practices.
- Maintain the Digital Platform Community of Practice intranet workspace (an online forum where best practices and other forms of guidance is maintained).
- Document and promote standards and best practices on digital platform design and management, including topics such as strategy, UX design, analytics, SEO and SEM, CMS platforms, staffing structures to support
Execute R4D’s email marketing program:
- Manage R4D list growth and maintenance.
- Manage all aspects of email marketing, including segmentation, list selection, automations, testing protocol and technical execution.
- Maintain and drive timely execution of the email calendar.
- Collaborate with communications team to develop high-performing content and other creative assets.
- Design, implement and analyze testing strategies for improving email results.
- Analyze and report on email performance, including insights and recommendations for improving results.
- Ensure emails follow industry policies and best practices, including compliance with CAN-SPAM, CASL and GDPR.
- Ensure that R4D’s voice and brand is maintained in all email marketing efforts, while recommending ways to optimize open and click-through rates.
- Continuously strive to be the subject matter expert on email marketing best practices
About the Organization
Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D and we want to keep it that way. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect and actively avoid silo thinking, turf politics and negativity.