AECOM is preparing for a potential USAID project in the Republic of Macedonia. The Digital Media Officer should possess a strong background of working with media, government counterparts, and civil society on media analysis, training, and media strategy design in politically sensitive environments. Responsibilities include:
- Identify research questions and design media research and analysis approaches.
- Integrate the use of digital media as a means and as an end into the overall program strategy.
- Work closely with local content partners to develop strategies for digital media.
- Work with local partners to design activities that integrate the use of digital and traditional media to achieve specific objectives and build their capacity to use digital media.
- Analyze Nielson ratings, social media analytics, focus group findings, and survey data.
- Work closely with the program team and local partners to track and report out on indicators related to overall reach, engagement as well as evidence of changes in knowledge, attitudes and behaviors.
- Document, share and apply lessons learned and best practices related to the use of digital media with the program team, USAID and external audiences identified by the team.
- Five (5) years implementing journalism, media sector strengthening and reform, civic engagement, or related fields in complex environments.
- Familiarity with the key government stakeholders, relevant private sector actors and civil society organizations working on media issues, and an understanding of the dynamics and relationships among them.
- Experience with activity design, development, and implementation for media programs.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience in Macedonia and/or Balkan region
- Ability to speak Macedonian
About the Organization
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.