SCOPE OF WORK
DIGITAL MEDIA PRODUCTION VOLUNTEER EXPERT
Location of Assignment: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Proposed Level of Effort: 3 weeks
Anticipated Start Date: March 2020
Anticipated End Date: March 2020
This assignment will support a joint initiative between the Tanzania Enabling Growth through Investment and Enterprise (ENGINE) program and Tanzania Institute of Bankers (TIOB) both of which share a commitment to strengthening the capacity and responsiveness of Tanzania’s financial institutions.
The ENGINE Program, implemented by the international Executive Service Corps (IESC) aims to streamline and enhance many of the regulatory, informational and financial channels that encourage domestic and foreign investment in the mainland agricultural regions of Mbeya, Morogoro, and Iringa, as well as in Zanzibar. ENGINE’s activities are divided into three main components: improving the business enabling environment, building the capacity of businesses through business advisors, and improving access to financial services for small businesses.
Tanzania Institute of Bankers (TIOB) is a professional body with a mission to promote economic growth by offering financial accreditations that will enhance value and ethics in the global banking and financial sector sustainably. In fulfilling this mission TIOB offers five core services – Certification Examinations; Onsite and Online Library Services; Continuous Banking Education Programmes; Continuous Professional Development Courses; Online learning Programmes; Membership Services; and public financial education.
Objectives of the Assignment
The objective of this assignment is to train TIOB staff to be able to use common computer software to develop digital media content that can be incorporated into TIOB’s future online training courses. This should be a hands-on practical training, with the expert covering aspects of graphic design, data visualization, video production, sound recording and editing, and basic animation. The expert should also be able to train TIOB staff on aspects of arranging and using digital content effectively to transfer knowledge to adult learners.
The Volunteer expert will complete the following tasks:
Prior to departure:
- After receiving confirmation to work with ENGINE, the volunteer will work closely with the IESC office in Tanzania, review available secondary information and identify any country or institution-specific information needed to tailor the materials to the local context.
- Develop effective training materials and finalize details of the assignment.
Upon arrival in Tanzania:
- Attend an orientation meeting with ENGINE Program staff in Dar es Salaam.
- Meet with TIOB for orientation and start of the assignment accompanied by ENGINE Program staff.
- The volunteer expert will work closely with TIOB to review and get a better understanding of TIOB’s training and certification programs and meet with necessary stakeholders.
- Coach, mentor, train and provide the TIOB team with the best practices and skills on digital media production.
- Write a final report summarizing observations and recommendations, as well as follow-up plans. The final report is discussed in the section on deliverables below.
- Attend a debriefing session with ENGINE and TIOB Staff and then the TIOB Governing Council to provide feedback and discuss the recommended strategic plan and document.
The Expert Volunteer will submit the following deliverables:
- i) To be submitted prior to delivering the workshop:
- Any training materials developed for the assignment.
- ii) To be submitted after concluding the workshop:
- Final Report: Expert must submit a Final Report and tools to the ENGINE program, which is to include the following sections:
- A summary of tasks and observations from activities completed.
- A list of 5-7 specific and actionable recommendations for the host organization(s). These recommendations will be reviewed during the debriefing session with ENGINE staff at the end of the assignment and the expert may revise them in their Final Report.
- A section listing the assignment objectives above and how they were met or why they were not met.
Additionally, the Expert Volunteer will provide exit debriefings to the ENGINE and TIOB staff.
- At least 7 years of advanced technical experience using digital media equipment, video creation, editing software, and/or digital media control software;
- University level of education in marketing, digital media, communications or related field;
- Extensive knowledge in digital media production techniques, including video editing and video equipment skills;
- Familiarity with commonly used digital media software packages, such as iMovie and Adobe suite;
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills, including coordinating tasks in group settings;
- Ability to address issues, challenges, questions and concerns in a professional, respectful, logical and timely manner;
- Flexibility and adaptability to cross-cultural environments;
- Ability to manage complexities.
About the Organization
The International Executive Service Corps is a Washington, DC based not-for-profit that focuses on private sector growth. We support and catalyze the development of private enterprises, business support organizations, financial institutions, and public institutions around the world. Utilizing skilled consultants and expert volunteers, we’ve implemented over 25,000 short-term projects and 200 programs in 130 countries. True to our mission — Promoting Prosperity and Stability through Private Enterprise — we’re proud to have created over one million jobs across the globe