This assignment is aligned with the Government of Australia’s partnership agreement with the Government of Kiribati (GoK) and is in line with projects and other investments that Australia is supporting in Kiribati. Kiribati has already made substantial investments to prepare and approve its climate change strategies with the promulgation of the National Framework for Climate Change and Climate Change Adaption, the National Disaster Risk Management Plan, the Kiribati Joint Implementation Plan for Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction, and the Kiribati Environment Implementation Plan. It is therefore well placed to access funds through UNFCCC established climate finance trusts and other relevant international multi-donor development trusts.
You will be accountable to, and managed by Minister for Finance and Economic Development
This role is expected to commence in September for a period of 12 + 12 months.
- In close consultation with the Minister and Secretary of the Ministry, lead the establishment of the new Climate Finance Division within the Ministry of Finance Economic Development (MFED).
- Provide strategic and technical advice to the MFED and GoK in the development of a strategic approach to accessing climate finance, including establishing key priorities for GoK
- Liaise and coordinate work with the Adaptation Fund (AF), Climate Investment Fund (CIF) and Green Climate Fund (GCF) and other available Official Development Assistance (ODA) sources of climate finance
- Degree in Economics, Accounting, Public Finance or relevant field
- 10 years or more of relevant experience in development finance
- Demonstrated knowledge of implementation and management of development projects and emerging environmental issues and challenges (including climate change) in the Pacific Islands region
- Demonstrated professional leadership and ability to lead a team of, including the ability to coach and mentor junior staff
- Credible experience working with development donors, multilateral donors, and those funding climate change programs
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build relationships with diverse groups and to motivate teams
- End to end program and project management experience, including multi-project coordination, project financial management, proposal and report writing, and resource mobilisation
- Experience with change management processes including establishing new organisational units including, recruitment and development of new business systems and processes to facilitate the new functionality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including facilitation and presentations
- Experience in cost benefit analysis and non-market valuation
- Demonstrated understanding of database principles with strong computer skills (MS Office Suite preferred) etc
- Remuneration in line with the ARF – C4, $12,545 - $15,682 AUD per month
- Mobility and special location allowances
- Flights, medicals, and insurance
- Pre-departure briefing and in-country orientation
- Ongoing assignment monitoring and support
Scope Global – Engaged in the present to develop the future Scope Global is a specialist project management company with people as the focus of its program delivery. We have a history of successfully managing projects in the international development and international education sectors.
The Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 (PACTAM2) is an Australian Government initiative, funded through the Australian aid program and managed by Scope Global. It places highly skilled Advisers with Partner Governments in participating Pacific Island countries to build capacity and to meet identified human resource needs. If you are interested in other PACTAM2 opportunities and would like to receive updates, please register your interest.
Scope Global recruitment operates under equal employment opportunity principles and laws. We encourage appropriately qualified and experienced people to apply regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, physical ability or beliefs.
Applications will only be accepted via our online application system. For more detailed information on the position and to apply online, please visit https://pactam2.com/
Applications close midnight ACST 7th July. No late applications will be accepted.
In country interviews will be held for this position in the week of 19th August 2019
For more information contact a member of our team at recruitment.PACTAM2@scopeglobal.com
About the Organization
Scope Global – People Focused Programs
Scope Global is a specialist project management company delivering international development and international education projects and programs throughout Asia and the Pacific. With over 25 years’ experience in managing people-focused programs on behalf of a wide range of clients, we offer extensive international experience and unique program management expertise and capabilities
For more information about Scope Global, please visit our website www.scopeglobal.com