The DCS, reporting to the Executive Director, will be accountable for the delivery of efficient and effective corporate services (finance, general operations, procurement, logistics and Human Resources), and lead the Foundation’s overall operational support services. The DCS will support the Executive Director in implementing the Foundation’s institutional risk assessment framework and risk management policy, with particular attention to business continuity risk. They will contribute substantively to the institutional resource mobilization efforts and take the leadership in the proper management and control of the institution’s assets and facilities.
· The candidate will possess a Masters degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
· Possess an internationally recognized professional qualification in accounting.
Relevant Experience and competencies
· At least 10-15 years of senior responsibility in fiduciary management and administration in an international setting, and track record of hands on experience in Africa;
· Demonstrated leadership in administration and operations in an international environment;
· Demonstrated in-depth understanding of issues around African agriculture;
· Strong track record in resource mobilization for development, and excellent understanding of the typology of the RM landscape (development partners, philanthropy, the private sector, and other stakeholders in Africa).
· Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Some operational ability in French will be an added advantage.
· Proven track record in developing and implementing ERP systems in international settings. Superior IT skills.
· Demonstrated communication and presentation skills.
About the Organization
SRI Executive Search has been contracted by African Agricultural Technology Foundation (AATF) to assist with the search for an exceptional candidate to fill the position of Director Corporate Services. AATF, founded in 2003, with headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, is an international not-for-profit organisation that facilitates and promotes public/private partnerships to promote food security and enhance livelihoods of smallholder farmers in SSA. AATF works with African governments, private and public technology owners and developers, NGOs, seed companies, other value chain players and African farmers to identify and access technologies that address farmers’ key problems and empower them through availability of a choice of agricultural innovations that generate wealth and health for their families and communities.
You can find further details on AATF and their work from the website https://www.aatf-africa.org/AATF-DCS@sri-executive.com