The DIAS practice works to improve the availability, quality, synthesis and communication of data. Digital solutions are an integral offering of the DIAS practice. The Digital Solutions Director will lead the development of a strategic vision, plan for strategic growth and integrate digital solutions into Palladium projects and initiatives. The Director will provide strategic leadership, support business development, oversee technical project management and manage a team of content professionals.
Leadership and Strategic Growth:
* Lead the development and implementation of a strategic growth plan in digital solutions including: software development, data analytics, data visualization and information system improvement for projects across a wide array of programmatic and thematic areas;
* Communicate digital solutions services to the Americas business unit practices and across other Palladium business units globally;
* Integrate innovative solutions for digital data collection, management, visualization and analysis into Palladium projects and initiatives;
* Manage existing relationships and cultivate new partnerships with clients, global communities of practice and technical working groups in digital solutions;
* Identify, assess and pursue new business opportunities in line with the DIAS practice strategic approach;
* Represent DIAS at technical conferences and events.
* Oversee the development and implementation of various projects, including activities such as requirement analysis, software development, data analytics, stakeholder engagement, capacity building, and strategic informatics;
* For assigned portfolio of projects, provide technical support, interface with clients and other project stakeholders to plan, implement, review and report on projects as needed and requested;
* Lead the preparation of key documents and products reporting on practice workstream, successes and accomplishments;
* Work with the DIAS Practice Senior Director to promote and build Palladium’s technical capability internally and externally.
* Manage and mentor a diverse team of digital solution developers, project managers, business analysts, system architects, software developers and analysts.
* Manage the digital solutions workstream including staffing new initiatives and ensuring staff coverage;
* Act as Palladium Project Director on assigned projects ensuring quality technical program implementation and project management;
* Support Project Directors in in their role to ensure quality technical program implementation and project management.
Minimum education and experience preferred:
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field;
* Minimum of 8 years relevant experience managing and implementing digital solutions including: information systems, data analytics, data visualization, software development. Experience in health or economic growth desirable;
* Minimum of 3 years working in international development projects with proven experience working with CDC and/or USAID projects. Private sector and/or other donor experience desirable;
* Demonstrated experience developing and implementing a plan for strategic growth
* Documented experience managing a diverse portfolio or work and technical staff.
* Ability to travel up to 25%.
Key competencies and professional expertise required
* Strong leadership, management and people skills;
* Strong skills in digital solutions;
* Strong business development and client relationship management skills;
* Sound problem solving and decision-making skills;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively write technical documents; lead meetings and deliver presentations.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.