World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 40,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Director, East & Southern Africa Communications & Public Engagement, you will have overall responsibility for the strategic direction of all aspects of the East and Southern Africa regions’ communications and public engagement work, you will lead efforts to improve and grow World Vision’s reputation and influence, building trust with key audiences for greater organisational impact. You will provide oversight of core communications business across all countries where World Vision works in the regions, ensuring quality delivery of communications resources for local to global audiences, in support of the organisation’s key priorities.
- An advanced university degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, or other related field.
- Strong track record in media relations, creating constructive relationships and having the confidence to represent the organisation in the media
- Demonstrable track record of developing and executing external communications within scope and budget to positively impact the organisation’s influence and visibility.
- Ability to define and strengthen organisational brand awareness and reputation through multiple channels. Experience leading/managing multiple and/or overlapping content production assignments across multiple contexts that engage, compel and demonstrate knowledge, impact and expertise.
- Experience linking communication outputs with fundraising, especially in a non-profit setting.
- Fluent English is essential; knowledge of one or more regional languages is an asset.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 31 JUL 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.